I Never Should Have Left You

Ryan's POV

Realization. Realization of everything that has happened. I left Ricky when he needed me so much. I was so upset about him leaving me that I didn't take a second to think about what might have happened, why he left, what happened to him when he was gone. That time during high school he was so lost. Greg destroyed him and when he came to visit me he certainly was not his usual self.

I should have noticed that he wasn't okay. I thought he was just upset that I wasn't with him but I was so wrong. Ricky hasn't told me everything that happened but just knowing that Greg coming back is bad enough. I can't imagine the things Greg made him do. I never should have left him.

I have to save him. No longer will I wait here and scold myself for leaving him. All I have to do is walk through that door. It shouldn't be this hard but I'm so scared.

What if I can't help him. By the looks of it, what ever Greg did really hurt Ricky. I don't know if I'll be able to help him this time. What if I can't support him. Ricky needs me so much right now but I'm scared that I won't be able to provide him all he needs. What if he hates me for leaving him. I hate myself for leaving him so he must hate me.

The only way to find out is to walk through that door. No turning back now because that will only cause more trouble.

"Ricky, can we talk?" I ask as I enter Ricky's prison.

"What do you want?" Ricky asks, sounding exhausted.

"I'm sorry that I left you. I didn't take the time out to talk to you properly when you came back and I was so mad and scared. Angelo kinda told me what happened and I'm so sorry I wasn't here to help you. He hurt you so badly last time and he came back. Not only did he hurt you but I did too. I'm sorry." I apologize to Ricky.

"It hurts RyRy, so much. He was suppose to be family and he decides to bully me as a child. Then he rapes me but then I was finally free. Paige and I got away from him but he found me. And it was terrible. How can someone do that to their family?" Ricky says through tears.

I sit next to him and pull him into my lap. At first he flinched and tensed up but soon enough he relaxed.

"If you don't mind me asking, what did Greg make you do this time?" I ask softly.

"He made me his little sex slave. He got me to do his dirty work for him. I left because a bunch of people were mad at me. Something to do with the drugs Greg was dealing. I knew he was doing illegal stuff but I didn't know it was that stuff." Ricky says, wiping the tears from his eyes.

"Why didn't you leave? What was stopping you?" I ask Ricky.

"He had pictures of us and everyone else. He had been stalking us and he told me if I didn't do what he said then everyone would pay for it. I didn't want you guys to get hurt." Ricky whimpered.

"How did you get away?" I ask Ricky another question.

"When the problems with the people and the drugs started happening, Greg decided I was going to cause harm to his work and let me go." Ricky explains.

"We are taking this to the police. He has done too many things to cause you harm." I say angrily.

"Don't go to the police, Ryan, please. It will cause too much trouble." Ricky pleads.

"He has been tormenting you for your entire life. It's needs to end." I exclaim.

"Fine but only if you promise to be there." Ricky pouts.

"I promise to be there with you for every single step. And I promise to never leave you again. I'm sorry Ricky." I apologize again.

"It's going to okay." Ricky says in attempts to reassure me.