What About Lucifer?

Ryan's POV

"What happened to Lucifer after the crash?" I ask out of the blue.

"Who is Lucifer?" Allie asks me.

"Lucifer is the cat that Ricky and I had found just before the crash. We picked him up from the side walked and then the car hit us. It's been months and I don't know where the cat is." I explain to Allie.

"Oh, I have no idea. Ask someone else." Allie replies.

"Well thanks for all the help." I say sarcastically.

Allie and I sat in the living room watching another movie. Angelo soon joins us on the couch asking us what movie is on.

"First you have to tell us what he told you." Allie says, pausing the movie.

"If he wanted you guys to know then he would have told you. And it certainly isn't my place to be telling you guys. Just know that it is terrible what happened to him." Angelo tells us sternly, taking the remote from Allie.

"We'll maybe of he told is we would be able to help him." I yell loudly enough for Ricky to hear but not so loud that the neighbors get upset.

"Give him a break Ryan. You have made no efforts after that day you told him you would help him. Not only did you not keep your promise to him but you broke his heart when it clearly was already broken after what ever has happened to him. If you did that to me I certainly wouldn't want to tell you anything." Allie scolded me.

She does have a point about that. I did break him more. I broke the only promise I gave him. I'm a terrible person.

"What else am I going to do. If I do help him it's just going to hurt him more because he knows I don't love him. And I'm sorry that I got over him after he left me. Do you really expect me to stay hooked on him forever and then love him as soon as he shows up. I'm sorry that I got over him and fell in love with someone I love more than I loved him and someone who will help me through anything and everything. Sorry that I'm actually happy now."

Truth is I do still love him. More than anything. I know I keep lying but I'm scared. Scared that everything that happened before will happen again. Being with Ricky causes him too much trouble and I don't want to hurt him anymore.

"We know you love him you idiot. You may be scared right now but you have no idea how scared he is. He needs someone to hold and love him. The things he has been put through again are terrible. You were there for him last time and he needs you again." Angelo practically shouts at me.

I guess I had been thinking out loud. I look over to Allie to see her with a relieved and glad expression. I was expecting her to be upset or angry since I still love Ricky.

"What do you mean you were there last time?" I ask Angelo timidly.

"How have you not gotten it through your thick skull yet? He came back and Ricky needs you again because you were who helped him last time." Angelo says trying to hint to what has happened.

As soon as Angelo finishes I finally understand. Took me forever but I understand why he needs me so much. Greg came back for Ricky and he certainly got him.

A/N
I'm sorry for all the pain I put you all through. I wasn't planning on putting this up for awhile but I just had to. It was too much even for myself to know they aren't together in the book and so I had to fix it.