Part I

I kept looking at the clock in the kitchen and wondered where he was. Usually he wasn't late so I began to worry. I peered out of the window and saw a glob amongst the raindrops on the glass. Was he standing outside? What the hell? I put the spatula down and wiped my hands on the towel. I opened the door and the smell and sound of the rain seeped past me. I called his name but he didn't budge.

"Josh!" He still didn't move. So I did the only thing I thought of; I ran after him. No wonder he couldn't hear me, he was listening to music. God, sometimes I wish he would come back to earth. Oh well. The rain fell in buckets now. He said something but I didn't catch it. Again he yelled, "Have you ever been kissed in the rain?" "What? No. You know I have never been kissed." I shouted back. "Oh." He replied, "How about now?" "What?" I questioned. "What if I kiss you now?" Was he serious? I don't know, there hasn't been anything romantic between us. Would it matter if he did kiss me? He just stared at me with his icy blue eyes. Drops of rainwater slid off of his hair and landed at our feet. Why did he want to kiss me? Just to be my first kiss? He probably thought I was pathetic because I still didn't have my first kiss or first anything romantic. It didn't matter anyway I wanted it to be special and I guess my best friend, someone who I trust and rely on, could make it special.