Part VI

Sure enough without me or Josh realizing it I got up to go to get a drink alone and the others wouldn't let it go. We were immediately handcuffed and were to remain so until I got home. It wasn't so bad mostly we just had to sit next to each other and get up where other needed to. We got stared at in the restaurant and it was weird eating even though neither of us was hungry. The guys kept laughing at us and pointed out how stupid we looked. We finished dinner and got back in the bus.

We all decided that we would stay in a motel for the night, only one problem; Mike wouldn't give us the key. "You two couldn't stay together for more than an hour, so now you have to stay handcuffed." "We can't sleep together; she's not cool with that!" Josh said between his teeth. We begged and pleaded and ended up being pushed into our room and the door being locked. Great.

"They aren't going to let us out until the morning, right?" I asked. "Probably." He answered. "Josh, what are we going to do?" "I don't know," he laughed, "I'll sleep on the floor and you can have the bed. Don't worry, I don't sleep anyway." "What? No. We will figure something out. You have a long day tomorrow; I don't want you dead tired just because of something stupid like this!" "It's not stupid. We aren't going to sleep together. It's not right." He said. "Well maybe it is!" I have no idea what I just screamed but his eyes widened. We were only about two feet away at most, then he pulled his cuffed hand towards him and I came with it. It was just hug, and I could feel him smile even when I didn't see his face. I looked up at him and he gave me a kiss; and for the first time I think I kissed him back. He pulled away and tightened his grip on me and we just stood there swaying to no music just our hearts beating. Only I still don't know if I love him.

Getting dressed for bed was an interesting challenge to say the least. We tried just turning away and closing our eyes and finally were able to change. I had forgotten to pack a pajama shirt so Josh offered one of his long sleeves for me to use. It was a little big and kept slipping down but it was better than what they lent me to wear for the restaurant. For a while we just sat around watching TV and talking about the random things we do. Then we just went silent. I saw Josh was nodding off a bit so before he fell asleep I nudged him to get to bed. He raised his hand and I remembered the handcuff. "Well what are we going to do!?" You need to sleep; there is no way around it." I told him. "Okay, okay." He yawned. "Let's go."