Part XIII

Finally after being cramped in the bus for five more hours we arrived at the arena where the band was going to perform. It was huge! People were already lining up for the show tonight. I was given a special pass to show I was allowed to be backstage like the band. While they were getting their instruments out of the bus I decided to explore the arena. I passed interesting looking people and normal ones. Many said hello but others were too busy checking something for the show or wheeling out costumes. I wondered if any of those clothes were for the guys. I went from door to door and checked behind each one. Nothing was really amazing except for some art on the walls in the rooms. I ended up trying to navigate my way back to the guys and got lost a few times. Finally after a half hour I walked into Mike and Ian. They told me I had to go get ready for the show. I thought they meant find a place to sit and watch. "No! You are going to be on stage with us!" Chanted Ian. "Go get your makeup and hair done. Josh is looking for you!" I was surprised. I really didn't think Josh really meant I would be on stage with them. I found him and Matt. They had on some of the clothes I saw earlier. "Hey!" Josh exclaimed as he welcomed me into his arms. He was all bedazzled and glittery. Matt was dressed up to but more of a grunge look with the ripped sleeve thing. "Hey guys!" I sang. "Mike and Ian told me you were looking for me." "Yup, it's your turn to get ready. These guys will help you with your make up and hair," Josh said pointing to some hurried people, "and then you can pick something to wear." I told him how I didn't really think he would let me be on stage. We all laughed and they let me go to get ready.

The stylists were no joke; they worked as a team and got me stage ready in no time at all. They washed my hair but slicked it back because it was 'short enough to look good that way' one of them said. They applied creams and powders to my face that I have never heard before. Then came the basics; foundation and concealer. They lined my features with black and other bold colors. Highlighted my cheeks and gave me full, dark red lips. I wasn't allowed to look at myself yet, so they ushered me to the clothes. Hundreds of outfits were waiting for my choosing. One guy said I could come back and change anytime I wanted to, so if I liked more than one combination I was free to choose! They recommended these shiny black jeans that hugged every curve, and then they draped a low cut, sparkly deep purple shirt over my head. I slipped on the freakishly high heels and attempted to walk. Right before I was allowed to see myself they drenched me in glitter. Not just my hair, but any exposed skin. Finally I looked in the mirror and was alarmed at the transformation. Usually I didn't wear much make up and it was a true change for me to see myself all did up.