Part XII

My side was hurting and sunlight was streaming through the blinds on the bus window. I was on the floor; either Josh pushed me off or I rolled the wrong way. Anyway, I got up and cover Josh. He was still sound asleep with that peaceful look on his face that I dared not disturb. I went to the front of the bus and saw the rest of the guys eating cereal or something from Styrofoam bowls. "Hey! You guys are separated!" Matt yelled. "Shh! You will wake Josh up!" I half-screamed half-whispered. "Shut up Matt." Mike said. "They're fine, leave them be." "Thank you." I whispered. I sat on the couch next to Ian and they all started to ask me questions about how we met and how long ago.

Well with the age difference (9 years) it's hard to explain but we met when we were younger, like middle and high school. Not that we went to the same school but somehow we saw each other. We didn't know music would join us but hey, it did. However, my mind was made up on science and I couldn't let that get away from me. Going to school for science broke Josh's heart. He knew how much I loved music but accepted the fact that there was a certain bond between me and science like there was one between him and music. Now that I'm going to school for research there is no doubt in my mind that I made the right choice. Josh's music took him far and he obviously made some crazy friends. He loves his life and what he does and I'm proud of him for that. After high school for Josh things got a bit out of hand with the drugs and all so we became distant and almost never saw each other. Towards the end of my high school we were reunited through music and became best friends. That didn't last long after our first kiss through. They asked me how the kids went and I told them it was nice. But they wanted to know the details. "What?" I questioned. "Yeah, what did you feel?" Asked Mike. "Fireworks!" I exclaimed. "Wow. That Josh is a pretty smooth guy." Ian commented. "Kissing you in the rain, joining us in the tour, the music video..." "Music video?" I asked. "What does that mean?" "You know the one you and him are going to be in." Matt said. "He wrote you a part and everything. I honestly think he has been planning this for months. Maybe years." I didn't know about this till now, or if it was even true. Why would Josh want me to be in a music video with him? I'm not a performer like he is, well not anymore. And I only ever sing in the shower, maybe in the car but that's it. My mind wandered and then Josh walked in. Everyone said their good mornings and Josh plopped down on the couch next to me and squished me between his chest and arm. He planted a kiss on my forehead and leaned back. I told him he pushed me off the couch last night and laughed. The other guys laughed too. We all just sat there for a while; the three were chatting away about some game codes or something and occasionally Josh would add something. My mind kept coming up with questions about this supposed music video that I'm going to be in. I had to ask Josh about it, but what if the guys ruined it and he was going to ask me? Does it matter? He will kill them if he knew and I don't want them to get in trouble. But still I don't know I can go through with this.