Part XXI

The next couple days were interesting. The pain came and went and they started to take me off the meds. Josh kept asking me if I was feeling okay. He stayed with me all the time. Every night we slept together. I couldn't ask for more. When the day came I was discharged I was so anxious to get back home and finally put everything behind me.

Josh and I took a plane back. The entire ride we slept, just dreamless sleep. My head was on his shoulder and I could hear his steady breathing. Our fingers were intertwined and I noticed that he was trying to keep my hand steady. For some reason after they took me off the meds I began to have twitches. The doctors said it would wear off in a day or two. The pills they gave me for pain were not as strong as the IV so every movement hurt like hell.

"The guys are here to pick us up." Josh said as the plane landed. His face brightened and so did mine. I felt a smile cross my face. "Finally everything will go back to normal." I sighed. "Yeah." Josh said grimly. "What's wrong?" I questioned. He looked down and shook his head. Then it dawned on me. When I said 'normal' I guess that meant Josh and I go back to what're were before the concert. "You know you can spend the night with me. And even the next night and the next." I whispered in his ear. A small smile appeared on his lips and I had to fight the urge to kiss them. "I want to spend every night with you." He whispered back. I bit my lip. "Sounds good." I replied smiling.

We waited until everyone was off the plane before we got off. Walking was okay, my back and stomach protested a bit but when we saw the guys and they have me hugs I thought I would break. They were sorry and everything but I told them not to worry because I could still pin each of them down. Everyone laughed. So far so good.

The car ride home was pretty much quiet except for an occasional joke from someone. I looked through the window willing all the bad memories to go away. Flashes of what happened still crept into my mind so I shook my head to clear it. I guess Josh noticed because he tightened his hold on me. "Are we staying at your house tonight or mine?" He whispered. I smiled, "I don't care, whichever is fine with me." "Yours?" "Sure." I said with a smile.