Part XXV

I jumped when I heard the door swing open; the pain wasn’t too bad when I turned my neck which meant the pain meds were working. There he stood in blue jeans and a white tee with his hair right in his eyes trying to close the door. He looked perfect, just dazzling. Josh looked up and when he saw me his mouth formed the biggest smile. He put the grocery bags on the floor next to the counter and walked towards me just noticing I was wearing my blankets. Pulling me into a hug he said, “Why in the world are you wearing your bed sheets?” I looked up at him and explained, “I can’t get my clothes on yet, and I have to take a shower. Don’t worry, I already took my meds.” He looked down into my eyes and tilted the corners of his pink lips down into a frown. He closed his eyes and placed his forehead to mine and whispered, “I’m sorry.” “It’s okay.” I whispered as I closed my eyes, tipping my chin up to kiss him. His lips met mine and for a moment the remaining pain seeped out of my body. The blanket started slipping off of me, but I didn’t care. If now was a repeat of last night; so be it. My hands found their way to Josh’s hair and tugged it a bit; I felt his smile against my lips. I couldn’t get enough of him, I was addicted; but did he feel the same way? I really had no idea how he felt about me. I mean I knew he loved me, but was he in love with me? Was I in love with him? Well, yes, of course I was. He was my best friend, but there was something else…I just couldn’t put my finger on it. Josh always stuck by me, when we fought, or when I was hurt. Through everything. I’ve never paid him back.

I stopped kissing him; he pulled me closer to him, but I just couldn’t. “Did I do something wrong?” He asked as his hands cupped my face. “No, not at all.” I rushed, “It’s just that, I don’t know how to make everything up to you. I owe you so much!”

He just looked at me quizzically. He tilted his head to one side; confused.

“You know…” I started. “Like, for taking care of me and staying with me, a-and…everything.”

“You don’t owe me anything. Just stay with me and let me love you.” He smiled. I couldn’t help but let the corners of my mouth tilt up as well. “B-but…” I tried but he cut me off. “Let’s get you in the shower little missy.” He kissed me once more and took my hand to lead me upstairs to the shower.

I got my clothes and laid them out on the bed. Josh picked up the towel from last night and handed it to me. “You might need this.” He said with a smirk. I gave him the same look. I turned around and walked toward the bathroom when I felt his arms wrap around me from behind. “You know…” He whispered. “You don’t have to take a shower…right now.” I felt him tug at the blankets I was still wearing. I wanted to stay with him but I knew if I did our day would never start. “I’m sorry.” I whispered. “I just need to get clean. I feel really gross right now and I have been for a while, I swear it will take me ten minutes, no more.” Josh chuckled. “Take your time, actually do you mind if I used the shower downstairs? I should probably get cleaned up myself.” I grinned. “Not at all, do you need some clothes?” “I’ll find them.” “And the towels are-” “I know where they are, Simoya.” He hugged me and kissed the top of my head. “Alright, I’ll see you soon.”