Part IV

After dinner we were washing the dishes and putting the food away. "What if I take you on a date?" I laughed. "A date? Why? We go everywhere together anyway!" "Yeah, I know, but this could be special. Like the feelings would be different, and stuff." He explained. " "Well, what would we do that we haven't done already? We have been to the movies and rollerblading. We've gone on a car trip and out to dinner. I mean, shouldn't it be something special? Don't you want it to be special?"

He looked at me and frowned. He couldn't think of anything that we haven't done. Suddenly an idea dawned on him. "What about a concert? Our concert?!" He asked. "What do you mean? You want to take me to your band's concert? How would that work? You are in the band! You have to be on stage!" He explained that I would be on stage with him the whole time, and he would sing to me and everyone would know about our 'date'. What was I supposed to do? I agreed, of course. I haven't been to one of their shows so this would be the perfect experience and an amazing first date.

It was getting late, and Josh had to get home. He told me the concert was next week and that he would pick me up with the guys. I walked him to the door and was about to open it when he pushed my back against it, his forehead was against mine again and his eyes were closed. His hands traveled on my body so I placed mine over his to steady them around my waist. His escaped and came up to my face and I followed suit. I felt the warmth of his lips against mine over and over in small circles. And I couldn't help but raise myself on my toes to get closer to his face. Electricity flowed through my veins and my heart pounded against my chest so hard I thought he would hear it and stop. When he did pull away I wanted more, it strangely felt like the fireworks kiss we shared earlier, and unfortunately I didn't get my wish. "I'm sorry." He paused. "I just don't think I could have waited until next week to do that." I blushed. "It's okay." I piped. He pushed away a strand of my hair planted another kiss on me and was off.

What in the world was that all about?! Why didn't I stop him? I don't think this date is a good idea on my part. I can't fall in love with Josh.