Part XVI

The man pushed me towards the door as I heard feet running towards us. I knew who it was, but I couldn't let him find us. Catching up with me only meant one thing for our follower. Death. I started to follow the man. He was leading us to some abandoned area around the arena. My body started to give out. I didn't want to do this, but what choice did I have? Let Josh catch up to me and have him killed? I don't think so.

The man pushed me around and grabbed me by my hair. As soon as we got to the spot he wanted he slammed me against the wall. Each chance he had he made me weaker by punching and slapping me. Each blow rendered me defenseless. Each hit brought me down. Finally, I was completely out of it. Every part of my body throbbed and I felt blood trickle down my face. The worst was yet to come. The man wasted no time touching me; he got straight to the point and removed some of my clothes. First my shirt. Then he unbuttoned my pants. I just wanted it to be over with and if he killed me then I wouldn't have to live with the pain. All I hoped for was that he would kill me because all the bruising and scars would be too much.

I could still feel him tackling my clothes, the beautiful ones that the stylists gave me. Most of my outfit was ripped anyway, but he didn't seem to care. I was just another defenseless girl.

He was over me. I could feel his breath which was surprisingly minty. His eyes bore deep into mine showing no remorse. I prepared myself for the pain he would bring to me. But I refused to look away from him. I wanted him to see the agony and hate I had. I wanted him to see what he has done to probably countless other girls.

No. I wasn't that lucky. I heard a shot. I wanted to check my body for where it would have hit but then I heard another and another. Amount the pain I had there wasn't anything new. Maybe I was becoming numb. Good I was ready to go anyway. Another shot. And another. My eyes closed on the dimming sky. My last glimpse of the world was beautiful. Glorious. I was happy to fade out like this. "Goodbye."