Chapter 8 (Issa)

I only had one hour of sleep.
I was at a party the night before, and I practically stayed up all night.
I really want to sleep more, but I remind myself that I was supposed to skype Rose at 9:30 in the morning. I turn on my phone. It's 9:25 so I guess I could Skype her now.
I turn on the Skype app and call her on the username she gave me. Now that I think about it, I might as well FaceTime her, but Skype could come in handy, too.
I listen to the ring for a couple of seconds and finally after what seemed like forever (it rang for a pretty long time) she picks up. She has blonde hair in a ponytail, she doesn't have any makeup, and she's wearing a black sweatshirt. She looks like she just woke up.
"Hello?" She says.
"Hi," I reply. "It's me."
"Oh my god." Rose disappears for a moment and I just sit there, confused.
After like 10 minutes she comes back still in the sweatshirt, but with makeup on.
"Why did you put on makeup?" I ask her. Rose looks surprised in return.
"Because I look ugly without it."
I don't know what to say. Do I say that's not true? I really don't know.
"Um," I say instead. Ugh I'm such an idiot.
"So," Rose continues, "how did you find my phone number?"
"Well," I begin, "I thought you were my mom."
"Ok."
"And I texted her, or I thought I texted her, saying that I got to the airport."
"Oh. Well, where are you now?"
"I'm at Washington, D.C. There was this party last night. Did you see it on my snapchat?"
"I did." Rose smiles.
"Cool." I pause for a little bit. "Where do you live? I could come maybe."
"New York."
"Ooh, I can come maybe."
"Wait, I don't really want to immediately see you face to face. Right now I want to keep it on the Internet. I just want to get to know you."
"Oh." I think I look a little disappointed, because Rose gives me this look. "Well, anyway, I don't think you should wear makeup. I actually don't think that any girl should wear makeup."
"Really?"
And then we talk for a little bit more. I now know a lot about Rose. She has 3 best friends, she's 16 years old, and she plays basketball. She also has blue eyes.
"All right then. I guess I'll catch you later. I don't have school, but I don't want to talk for a long time. How about we FaceTime?"
"Sure," I reply. "What are you doing today?"
"Well, I want to go to the store to buy some 'stuff' because it's 'that time of month again'." Rose makes finger quotes and I laugh.
"I understand. Bye, have a good day."
"Thanks, you too. Catch you later."
Rose hangs up first.