Chapter 38 (Issa)

I leave New York the next day.
I'm at the airport by 11 in the morning, but my plane is at 1 in the afternoon, so I have plenty of time.
I sit down at my gate and take out my phone.
"Hey," I hear someone call me. "Are you twaimz?"
I look up to see two girls dressed in sweatpants and sneakers and have their hair pulled up in ponytails. They look about my age.
"I am," I reply, standing up.
The girls squeal, jumping up and down excitedly.
"Ok, we need to take a picture of you!" The other girl says.
"All right," I say, smoothing out my shirt--black, of course.
The first girl takes out her phone from a bag she was carrying and turns on the camera.
"Ok, everyone, smile!" She laughs, posing on my side as the other girl poses on another. The first girl snaps a couple of pictures and they step away from me.
"My name's Kylie," the first girl tells me.
"I'm Jess," the other girl adds. "I saw your post on Instagram with that girl, Rose. Are you guys dating?"
I hesitate. "Yes," I respond slowly, "I guess I can make it official."
Kylie squeals. "I ship you guys so much!"
"Thanks." I smile. "I really love her." I clap a hand over my mouth. "Oh my god, don't tell anyone I said that, especially Rose."
Jess imitates zipping up her lips. "Your secret's safe with us,"
"Thank you so much. I hope you have a really awesome day, and flight, mostly."
Jess and Kylie both giggle at my comment and skip away together. "Thank you!" They shout.
I smile to myself and sit back down. I love seeing people in public that notice me. It makes me feel really special.
I take my phone out again and see that Rose texted me.
"hey," it says, "im in class"
"im at the airport," I reply. "no texting in class"
"funny. whens ur plane?"
"at 1"
"so u still have time"
"yup, and im bored as hell"
We text until it's about 11:50 when I tell Rose that I'm gonna go get lunch. She says ok and I get up to go get a sandwich or something.
When I sit down with my lunch I have a text from Rose that says, "oh i wanted 2 tell u that 1 of my bffs bf broke up w her and asked me out but i rejected him"
"is she ok???" I respond.
A couple minutes later she says, "yes but her bf called u my sugar daddy is that weird"
And I text back, "yes"