Chapter 23 (Rose)

"Is everything all right?" Issa asks me.
"Yeah," I reply, setting down my phone.
But it's not ok.
Some guy in my school, like the most popular guy in school, just asked me out on a date. And I said no. Why. But Issa. But whyyyyyy.
"Ok..." Issa says. "Well, anyway, I'm gonna have this chicken noodle soup, what about you?"
"Same thing," I answer, "except with beef."
We talk for a little bit when suddenly the waitress appears.
"What would you like to order?" She tells us.
"To drink, I'd like to have a water," I say, looking at Issa. He nods at me. "Make that 2 waters."
"Alright then, what would you like to eat?"
"A chicken noodle soup for me," Issa replies,
And before I can place my order, he does it for me. "And a beef noodle soup for the lady." He smiles at me and I blush as the waitress scribbles our orders down.
"Thanks," she says and scurries away.
"They bring the food pretty fast here," I pipe up, because I cannot stand silence at this moment. Issa nods at me.
"That's good. And you were right about the cheap part. The soups cost like 8 dollars!"
"Uh huh." I check my phone so I can hide my awkwardness.
"Do you want to go home after this?" He asks me.
I shrug. "I donno, since tomorrow's the meetup. I hope that people will come, because tomorrow's school.
"Oh, gosh, you're right." Issa scratches the back of his neck. "That was a bad idea, putting the meetup in the middle of the week. And you probably don't want to miss school to be with me, do you?"
I blush even more when he says the words, "Be with me" , so I talk to hide it.
"I can miss a few periods, I bet it wouldn't be a problem, and I can just text my mom saying that I'm staying over tonight, is that okay with you?"
Issa nods feverishly. "Yeah yeah, I'm okay with that, totally." I raise my eyebrow at him and he blushes, looking down.
"Oh, our food," I pipe up after a really long silence. The waitress strides over to us and places our soups in front of us, along with our waters. I immediately dig in, savoring the flavor. I love this soup soooo much, I would always come here on my own and eat lunch here.
"This is really good," Issa says, eating a piece of chicken.
"I know, right?" I reply, "I always come here for lunch." Issa nods at me, acknowledging that I just said something.
The next 20 minutes is silence as we keep on eating our dishes, unable to take a break and speak. It's just so good.
As we finish up, now Issa raises his eyebrow at me and asks, "Should I pay or you?"
"Me this time," I answer quickly. "You already payed for everything else today, so I'm gonna pay for everything here."
Issa nods, but I can tell that he's cheering in his head.