Chapter 40 (Issa)

I get back home to California at about 9 pm. When I do, I say hi to everyone, pat Turbo a little bit, and immediately crawl into bed.
But I don't go to sleep.
I get my laptop and go to Rose's channel. She posted a new video, so I click on it. It's titled, "STORYTIME W/ ROSE".
"Hey y'all, it's Rose here, and I'm gonna start doing stories about weird stuff that happened on my life."
I smile to myself.
"So going back in time like, I donno, 10 years ago? I was in 1st grade, I was 6, and I was actually the most popular girl in class, but here's the reason why. So one day the teacher, I forget her name, so I'm just gonna call her, "Miss H". She said that we're gonna have a show-and-tell on Friday, and I got super excited. I knew just what to take, and so on Friday, you know what I brought to school? I brought DOG POOP. I used to have a dog named Louis and I thought it would be cool if I put his business in a plastic bag and bring it to school! Miss H was so surprised, she was just like--" The scene cuts to another, where Rose had glasses on and gasping dramatically. Then it cuts back to Rose telling the story.
"I started passing the bag around and everyone was like, 'ooh, cool, I love touching stuff that comes out of a dog's bootyhole' and then finally Miss H takes the bag out from a girl who was sniffing it, and threw it away."
Rose is pretty good at this, I have to say. She finishes the story and goes on to another one that has me in it.
"Ok, so I went over to my boyfriend Issa's hotel room, and I stayed there overnight, but I didn't bring any clothes, so I had to borrow some. But...I also didn't have any UNDERWEAR AND I HAD TO GO BUTT-NAKED INTO ISSA'S ROOM AND ASK FOR A PAIR OF UNDERWEAR AND IT WAS SO EMBARRASSING FOR ME YOU HAVE NO IDEA."
I laugh and watch the video up to the end.
When I finally go to bed, I can't stop thinking about how Rose called me her boyfriend.
So it is official.
We're together.