September 11

Waking up in a cold sweat mixed with the freezing cold outside was not a fun combination for me. I always felt cold after summer, right up until it was summer again.

I guess my body just hates me as much as I do.

Arriving to school was already normal to me. I already felt like I knew the place, regardless of however many times I got lost during the first few days of school. I knew my way around, which was very nifty.

Sitting down at the same table as yesterday was comforting. Knowing that this would be a pattern for half the year was a nice thought, especially since I needed it.

Sasha was already there when I arrived. She welcomed me with a friendly greeting and we both started chatting. What's good about Sasha is that I can talk to her about practically anything. Deep stuff? Jokes? Crushes? Inappropriate humor? She was okay with all of it. I can't say that for all of my friends, so she was special.

Then, Dolly came up behind me and swooped onto the seat beside me. I jumped a bit in freight when I felt the thump beside me, but calmed down when I realized it was just a cool person.

She gave me a charming smile and I tried to return it. Sadly, I think I looked more handsome than pretty today. A black sweater, gray sweats, and black combat boots. Can't say I looked girly, but can't say I looked too bad. I thought I had some style.

I noticed that she was wearing an All Time Low shirt. I love their song Something's Gotta Give. I think that's what it's called, at least...

Then Gretchen came over, late as usual. Brianna must've been absent or something.

Dolly offered me a bit of her snack if I went to get it with her, so we headed over to the vending machines. For some reason, nervousness corrupted my poor little body. The worst part? She didn't look too nervous herself. The rumors must be false. How could she still like me when she acted friendly around me?

She got her Cheetos, but then dropped her coins. We both bent down to pick them up, and our eyes met briefly. She smiled.

I expected something, but I guess my auspicious hopes were crushed. Everything was crushed, and it was her fault. Why did I still feel this way? I'm suppose to hate her.

Ironically, I think she's playing me again. These rumors are probably true. She probably has been saying that she likes me, but who's to say that she's telling the truth?

When we headed back to the table, I had forgotten to hide my face with the beautiful mask I placed over it everyday.

"What's wrong?"

I lifted my head up, realizing what I had done. I looked over at Dolly, noticing her upset glare, and then back at Sasha. I did as her look instructed. Obediently, I painted on a smile and replied, "Nothing! I'm fine!"

Thankfully, everyone left it at that. Although suspicion was rising, I managed to keep a fake smile throughout the whole half hour.

Then, it was band time. We actually played a decent sum of songs today. We might've sounded like old women with smoking problems, but at least we were getting somewhere. I also got to see Mr. Smith, which was always nice. He was playfully cute.

After band, I had civics. Triple D was gone, but in her place was this young substitute who looked like the mom from Mean Girls, except as a brunette. She didn't really understand what was happening in class, so she just gave us our homework and let us do our own work. Because of that I actually got a lot of work done. All I had/wanted to do by Monday was finish the essay.

After class, Dakota walked with me to math. She had science next and said she had time.

"I wouldn't get your hopes up with Dolly," she warned.