October 1

I smirked widely as I saw Dolly sit beside me. A look of confidence spread across my face. If I hadn't known any better, I would've assumed she was about to apologize to me.

"Amy's in trouble." I raised my eyebrows and she continued. "She's super depressed about the guy that broke her heart."

I nodded and pretended like I wasn't listening. I cared about Amy, but I didn't want information delivered by her.

"I'm serious, Claire. You might hate me but she's our friend. She helped you, so you help her."

I cracked my knuckles, as I often did, and she cringed for the first time from it. "Fine. I'll help a girl get over someone who lied to her and broke her heart. Easy." I was being rude and offensive purposefully.

My expression turned from brash to disgusted as I felt her hand on top of mine. "Thank you." I swiped my hand away, but decided not to slap her. I was helping Amy, not socializing with an ass. Although, everyone knows I love a good booty!

In band I finally showed off my piccolo. It was black with gold keys, but the paint job was wearing off and the keys were getting sticky. I was glad to be getting a new one.

I didn't get to play my piccolo much, but that was totally fine by me. It sounded horrendous, and it wasn't my fault. It sounded amazing the first year I played it, but my excessive obsession wore it down very quickly.

After that we had CORE. It happened every Thursday and today I sat with all of my friends in the old commons. It was so fun. Sasha and I literally couldn't shut up.

Civics was a lot more interesting, though. Triple D announced another partner activity. I slowly looked over at Chelsea and she was smiling directly towards me. She was so pretty.

I carried myself over to her and sat down beside her. I felt so 'grunge' beside her fashion. Even Sean turned around and gave me a look that said 'you guys are cute together'. We started talking about Pokemon club since Sean had been playing Pokemon Emerald before the activity was put into place. He had convinced Chelsea and I to join. She was literally me, but nerdier and girlier.

The activity went down hilariously. It was a speed quiz against the whole class. We both messed up so much and it was super funny. I must be smooth as fuck because I totally gave her a high five. Oh yeah, just give me that booty already!

After class, Dakota literally shoved me into a locker. "Dude, she's totally mentally making out with you!!"

I scoffed and made her let go of me. "There is literally no chance she's not straight. She went to homecoming with that one guy."

"Yeah, but my ships always become canon. I shipped Hannah Hart and Ingrid before anyone else!"

"They aren't even dating...-"

"That's beside the point! Do you realize how crazy this is?!"

"No, it's not crazy because I think she's really pretty and funny and she's straight. End of story. We're friends and I want to keep it that way. Until she admits to loving Lady Gaga or something, I'm not falling for her."

Dakota slapped me in the face with her hair as she turned away from me. I made it to math class and took the chapter 3 test. The class skipped our lunch, because of testing, so we ended up having fifth lunch.

I felt bad for Gretchen since she was basically alone.

At lunch I sat with my usual lunch table, since they were in my class, but I felt so lonely without Gretchen. Everyone at the table ignored me the whole time.

However, near the end of lunch, Amy came over. I was surprised to see her, but very happy to as well. Her brown, curly hair flower past her shoulders and her lazy fashion made her look cozy.

"Hey! Dolly said you were really sad and needed help."

She gave me a look of confusion. "What the hell are you talking about? I'm upset about the guy that supposedly doesn't like me, but I'm far from sad, actually."

I was confused now as well. Why would Dolly lie about something like this? I was stupefied, honestly.

I started a different conversation about my hatred for math and pretended to forget about Dolly. I really didn't understand.

English rolled around and I was fairly happy. I greeted Nicki and Sean happily. I was beginning to be great friends with him. There was no doubt that we would be besties. He's the really cool guy friend I've always wanted!

During English we took a quiz and continued reading To Kill A Mocking Bird. We were nearing the end. I have to admit, it was better than I thought it would be but I wouldn't read it again. I lived and I learned. I'll move on to something better. I'm really picky with books though, so I suppose it must be an amazing book if I think it's decent.

When school ended it seemed that I didn't have much to do. I wandered the school.

I saw Chelsea and said bye to her, saw Chloe and chatted with her a bit, saw Dakota but she pretended that she didn't notice me, and then I saw a few old friends by the science department. I talked with them for quite a while. There was one girl with bright blue hair that I really took a liking to... I didn't know her at all but she was pretty.

Then I headed to Finch's room. I asked her if she needed help on anything, since I had no homework for once, and she made me run a few errands. I had to send notes to a teacher, give worksheets to another, and then retrieve printed materiel. It didn't take too long, so then I started to doodle.

P.S. I'm Super Bored Now :(