Chapter 4 - Party invitation

~TIANA JACOBS' POV~

It's Monday and I'm pacing around my room, waiting for Julianne to come around. She forced me to let her 'groom' me - pshh, do I look like some kind of animal to you?! - for school today. She told me that if I wanted to make a lasting impression on people, I needed to change my whole physical appearance. I told her that the reason why I don't care about my physical appearance was because I didn't want to be noticed or talked to by anyone - preferably her - because I wanted to move out of this place as soon as possible. But you know what she did? She totally ignored me and continued on her talk - ahem, lecture - about me being the lady I deserve to be, especially since Max Castillo has already noticed me.

Another thing about Julianne is that she absolutely doesn't care who the Queen Bee - or Skankiest Woman in school, if you prefer - is. She just doesn't care! I don't get how this girl survives in a school like that! Lindsey would crush her! But then again, if she's gone through two years of being in the same school as Lindsey, she would've been crushed the first time she opened her mouth to talk bad about Queen Bee.

Back to my present dilemma. Julianna called me up one and a half hour ago, telling me to get up and get a shower. I told her that it was two hours before school and she threatened to burn all my games. I MEAN COME ON! Anything but my games! After I let her throw chips at my TV, let her play my games and have her actually enjoy them, let her stay till three in the morning just to play and this is what she does! Ungrateful bastard!

Red was now in my room, following my every step. I stomped my feet on the ground in annoyance and he jumped back in fright. Yeah, he jumped back. That's right, Red! Time to pay up for the times you made me feel miserable without my blanket!

After five more minutes of waiting, my bedroom door was thrown open, revealing a perfect offering for the gods.

"I will cut your throat open and I will sacrifice you to the gods," I growled at Julianne and she waved her hand dismissively.

"Thank the heavens above your hair is tamed," she rolled her eyes and she asked me to sit on my bed while she pulled one chair from the corner of my room to sit in front of me.

She pinned my hair up and she forced me to close my eyes. After poking and working on my face, she told me to open my eyes. She applied some ish to my eyelashes, making them look longer. What the hell is wrong with my eyelashes? They're long enough!

"I'm making your grey eyes stand out more," she said.

Oh, I said that out loud?

"Yes," she rolled her eyes. "You really have to control your mouth from moving on its own sometimes, Tee," she said and she dragged me to my closet. "Here, try this one on," she passed me a shirt and shorts. I grumbled before she pushed me into my bathroom.

I changed into my shorts and the shirt which was turqoise in colour. I walked out of the bathroom and stood in front of Julianne. She grinned and she forcibly tucked part of the shirt into my shorts, making me scream and try to run away from her. Ain't nobody getting their hands in my pants, yo! Not even a forceful Julianne!

Okay, futile attempt. She told me to wear this weird black belt and I told her that my shorts weren't gonna come off, but she rolled her eyes, muttering to herself about me being a naive woman. I rolled my eyes at her, but did what she asked all the same. She made me slip on the flats we bought on Saturday and she passed me a handbag, making me look into the full length mirror in my room.

"Okay, enough with the experiments, we're gonna be late for school!" I said and I tried walking away from her and she grabbed my hand.

"Come on, Tee! You've got to change your clothing style and make people notice you!" she insisted.