Chapter 18 - The confession

~TIANA JACOBS' POV~

There I was, in my Awards worthy dress - shut up, I look fab -, awkwardly rubbing circles around Blaine's back while he cried. It was eight in the evening and it only took one hour through dinner for Blaine to break and march out of the restaurant, with of course, me, following him out because one more stare from his godzilla of a mother and I will flip tables.

Of course not mine - the other tables, sure, but not where I was seated. See, I love my food too much.

But then again, I'm lying to myself because I left it untouched and excused myself before taking the elevator up to the penthouse, looking for Blaine.

You want to know what went down during dinner?

I'll give you a recap.

"Tiana, what does your parents do?" Mrs. Jackson asked me.

I was of course, the last to be asked. Well, the saying goes 'save the best for last'. In Mrs. Jackson's world, it means, 'save the humiliated for last'. Her glory didn't last long, though. "My mother is a Banker and my father is a Lawyer." I told her.

"What's your parents' names?" she asked, her smile falling.

"Elise and Steven Jacobs," I replied.

"Ah, good old Steven, always teaching his children how to respect their elders," she smiled sarcastically. "Have you met Sierra?" she asked me and I furrowed my eyebrows at her question. "Ah, of course you haven't. I guess Blade hasn't told you," she said, trying to sound remorseful, but the only feeling I could detect was contempt.

"Mother, not now," Blade said through gritted teeth.

"Blade, I don't know how you were able to keep her a secret from all of them. She's your sister! She hasn't been gone two weeks and here you are, living your life the way she deserves to live hers!" she snapped.

Wow, Mrs. Jackson snapped.

This was article worthy, but we were in a private lounge, away from the gossipers and of course, the leechers.

"That's right, blame what happened to her on me! Didn't you ever think that Sierra was never happy with her marriage? That she was never happy with any of you?" he snapped back and he stood up. "I wasn't the one who drove to the brink, it was you, Mother, it's always been you." he spat and he marched out of the private lounge.

Which brings us to Blaine clutching me to him like I was dear life itself and with me awkwardly rubbing circles at his back. I know I'm not much of a touchy feely kind of person and that I was never someone to feel comfortable sharing deep thoughts with, but here we were, sitting on the couch, silent and comfortable.

I never fail to contradict myself, do I?

"Sierra was my sister," Blaine finally spoke up. "She's twenty three and she's always been following what Mother wants her to do. She got married to someone Mother wanted her for and she's been suffering for two years in the hands of the bastard while her very own Mother turned a blind eye on her." he whispered, some lines said in between hiccups.

"She killed herself in London a few weeks ago," he whispered after a while.

Oh.

That's why he left so suddenly.

"She's always been the one I turn to whenever I'm having problems and she was always there for me. She always did what Mother and Father wanted her to do, only because she didn't want her brother doing all of it and suffering because of it," he broke down even more and I had to hug him tighter to keep him from crumbling.