Chapter 15 - Winter Formal

~TIANA JACOBS' POV~

"We're going dress shopping tomorrow and on Friday, we're going to get our nails done right after school - I've booked an appointment - and we're going to your place to get ready. You're sleeping over after the Formal," Julienne told me and I furrowed my eyebrows together. I was honestly lost.

More importantly, I'm amazed at how she managed to say all that in one breath.

I realised that I was supposed to be retaliating. "Where is the part where I get a say in this?" I asked her.

She pretended to look up and think a little and then, she turned to me, "There's no such part," she smiled, answering my question, making Blade and West laugh at us.

At least I tried retaliating.

Hah, retaliating. What's that?

Can I eat that?

I made my way out of my Calculus class, sighing. Oh God, I don't think I'll ever survive that class. Sure, I do get the class, I understand it, but it's how boring that class is.

It doesn't help that it's an AP class.

I don't even have Blade, Julienne or West in that class, making it really hard for me to share my pain. I'm not so much of a bad student, I'm more of an average.

Just kidding, who am I messing with?

I'm fucking genius.

'Scuse the language!

I made my way to my locker and opened it, placing my things inside neatly because I didn't need any books, seeing that my next class was P.E. and my things are inside my gym locker. Some juniors were standing around near my locker, and I saw them turn to me from the corner of my eyes.

"Hi, Tiana," one of them greeted and I turned to look at them fully.

"Hey," I smiled at them.

"I'm Christine, Junior. I just wanted to ask if you're... going to the Formal with Blade Jackson?" she asked.

I laughed, "I'm not going with him, why?" I asked.

"Because I heard that he asked you to be his date," she said sheepishly.

"Really? I didn't receive any question from him. All he said was that Julienne, West, himself and I should all go together to the Formal. I don't think he's going with anyone, though," I smiled at her.

She bit her lip as if contemplating to ask me a question. "So it's okay if I ask him to the Formal?" she finally let out.

"Oh gosh, relax!" I laughed. "Definitely, go for it! Good luck, Christine," I grinned, waving at them and walking away.

~~~

"Can you turn again?" Julienne asked, focusing. I turned and we both sighed. "No," she said and I groaned.

"Jules, it's been five boutiques and endless dresses. I swear, this is the last one," I told her and she nodded.

She handed a floor length dress and I gave her a look before going back into the changing room and getting changed, yet again. I looked at myself in the mirror and I grinned at my own reflection. This is it.

The dress had a sweetheart neckline, the bodice in white lace, and it ended with a royal blue cloth belt, the skirt also the same color.

I walked out of the changing room, facing Julienne again and she shrieked, jumping up and down in excitement. "That's the dress!" she giggled and I squealed a little to myself, finally finding the dress.