Chapter 9 - Strangers

~TIANA JACOBS' POV~

I hate people in the morning.

Right now, Julianne is on top of that list. I was driving to school while she chatted excitedly - all on her own for that matter - and I was just ignoring her because I have poor people skills in the morning.

Okay, maybe not just in the morning. I really have poor people skills.

I pulled over at my normal parking spot and got out of my car, seeing Blade and West leaning over Blaine's car while waiting for us. "Hey," West waved and I nodded towards them.

"Someone woke up on the wrong side of bed today," Julianne told them and she giggled.

"That's probably because you stayed over her house and you hogged the whole bed," Blade said as he fell in step with me and I laughed. I actually laughed in the morning. HURRAY FOR BLADE!

I headed to homeroom which I shared with Jacob and he was chatting happily with me and I just smiled at him and nodded, even though I really have no idea what in the world he's talking about. "Tee?" he asked me and I turned to him.

"Sorry, I really have bad social skills in the morning," I muttered and he laughed.

"It's okay," he winked. "Just wanted to let you know that we're having a game tomorrow and depending on the game result, we're heading over to your house because Liam's throwing a party," he smiled at me and I nodded. "Will you be there for the game?" he asked me.

"Yup, I'll be there for the game," I smiled and the bell rang, signalling the end for homeroom.

I tried my best to stay awake in all my classes before lunch and let me just emphasize on the point that I miserably failed.

I was finally eating my lunch when someone came to sit next to me. "Heylo, baby panda," West said above me and I nodded in return, still eating my food. "I don't get how you love food more than people," he wondered aloud and I glared at him. "Woah, okay, no need to get all feisty on me," he muttered and he started eating his food.

"Where's Blade?" I asked him and he shrugged.

"I have no idea. I didn't see him for my English class and we have that together before lunch today," he said.

"Is he okay?" I turned to West fully.

He groaned, "Why do I get the feeling that you like Blade more than you like me?" he eyed me suspiciously.

"Who said I liked you?" I asked him and he burst out laughing.

"Oh, that was a good one," he said after he calmed down.

"Hey, Tee," someone who sounded so familiar said above me and I looked up to see Max grinning down at me.

"Heyya," I smiled and West hollered next to me.

Max sat opposite us, still smiling. "So, I was thinking," he started.

"Wow, that must've been so hard. I'm so proud of you, Max," West commented and I burst out laughing.

Max settled for a playful glare and turned his attention back on me, "I was thinking about tomorrow night. Are you coming for the game?" he asked me, hopeful.

"Yup! I'm gonna be there with Liam, Julianne and Blade," I smiled at him.

"You're not inviting me?" West mock-gasped from beside me.

"You're on the team, jackass," I rolled my eyes and Max howled with laughter.

"So, is it cool for me to head over your place afterwards depending on the outcome of the game? For the party, I mean," he said coolly.