Chapter 30 - The life of the Jacobs'

~TIANA JACOBS' POV~

I tiptoed and I wrapped my arms around Blade’s neck and he wrapped his arms around my waist, lifting me off the ground. He placed his face at the crook of my neck and I heard him breathe in my scent, making me smile to myself.

“I’ll see you soon,” I whispered and Blade shook his head, making me chuckle. “You mean, you want me to fly there and get the first flight back the very next day?” I asked him.

“No, I’ll be calling you,” he grinned as he set me down.

“Eesh,” I grumbled, but laughed all the same. “I’ll call you when I land. I gotta go, Mum’s going to cut my head off if I linger here a second more,” I muttered and he laughed.

He swooped down and he cupped my cheeks with his warm hands, capturing my lips in his. I kissed him back and he placed his forehead on mine. “Stay strong, alright? I know you’re not sure of who you’re meeting, but you’re strong. I love you,” he said and I gave him a small smile.

“Time to find out who they are, Blade. No more turning back,” I gave myself a promise with him.

“No more turning back, but you gotta come back to me, alright,” he laughed.

“I will. Gotta go. I love you too,” I gave his lips a quick peck and I ran towards my family and I turned back and waved at Blade.

“Bye, Bwade!” Tristan yelled as he held my hand.

“Bye, big guy!” Blade hollered and I laughed.

Stepping out of the airport baggage claim, I took my duffel bag and held Tristan’s hand as Mum and Dad held onto each other. Dad led us to a limousine and I gawked at him. “Who are you really?” I shrieked and he gave me a laugh, the first one I’ve heard ever since we’ve heard of the news.

The driver opened it and we got in to see a dozing Liam there. I threw Tristan’s favourite toy in his face and he groaned. “What?” he groaned. “Oh, hey,” he mumbled and he rubbed his eyes to clear himself of the sleep.

I sat next to Liam and he passed me a drink before all five of us kept quiet. We stopped outside a hospital and we got out, going to the lobby. “I’m here to see Marie Jacobs,” Dad said to the receptionist and she looked at us. “I’m Steven Jacobs,” Dad added and she nodded, pressing a buzzer and at that moment, an older looking man rounded the corner and Dad smiled at him.

“Gilbert,” Dad gave Gilbert a man hug and he motioned to us. “This is my family,” he said and Gilbert grinned at us.

“Never thought I’d see them under such circumstances, but it’s a pleasure meeting you,” he said, smiling at us. “I’m Gilbert, your old man’s cousin,” he said, shaking our hands and his eyes lingered on me. “Hey, Steve?” he called and Dad hollered. “Remember that time I told you that you’d look exactly just like Priscilla if you put on a wig and make-up?” he asked and Dad nodded, clearly amused.

“Well?” Dad asked him as we walked forward.

“Your daughter is your exact twin!” he said, booming with laughter. “You, my dear, are a beauty. I’d hate to say this, but your old man used to be the ladies’ man back in the day,” he told me.

“Oh dear Lord, I don’t need to know his sex life,” I muttered and the men laughed.

“You ready?” Uncle Gilbert asked and they all nodded. He looked at me and I shrugged.

He probably knows my hatred for his family, pro’lly heard of it from my Dad. Can’t help it, his Mother sounds very… Sophisticatedly out of line.