Chapter 21 - Patching up and track

~TIANA JACOBS' POV~

Nick picked me up because we were still going on with the 'my car's rotten' lie and he dropped me off a street before Julianne's house, forcing me to walk. Damned bastard.

I pressed the buzzer outside Julianne's monster house and someone immediately picked up. "Carter Residence," a kind voice floated through the line.

"Hi, my name's Tiana Jacobs and I was wondering if Julianne's in?" I asked politely.

"She is," the person suddenly snapped. "Come on in," she hung up and the small gate at my side swung open. I walked towards the mansion and the doors swung open, revealing a petite woman in formal clothes.

"I'm Christina Carter, Julianne's mother," she gave me a forced smile and I immediately knew who she was.

Okay, she wasn't wearing formal clothes, she was wearing slut clothes.

I was being nice before but it's time to get dirty.

Nahh, I have no grudge against this woman! If you count Lindsey, then, yes, we're talking.

"I'm Tiana Jacobs. Can I see Julianne?" I asked her and speak of the devil and she will appear!

"What are you doing here?" Julianne asked as she went down the stairs, holding a mug of hot chocolate.

"We need to do that project, right?" I asked her and Christina narrowed her eyes at me.

"Julianne is currently grounded," she said.

"Yeah, well, we have to hand it up tomorrow and if we don't, we'll fail the class," I shrugged.

"Get back on time before your curfew, Julianne," Christina turned to Julianne and she rolled her eyes.

"I ain't got no curfew, woman," Julianne snapped and she placed the mug down on a table near the spiral staircases and walked past me.

"Oh yeah, and you've got to lend me the keys," I called after Julianne and she glared at me before tossing her car keys towards me.

"This better be good," she snapped as she got into the passenger seat.

"Trust me, it will," I said and I drove out of their estate.

I stopped outside the movies and I climbed out the car. She followed me into the lobby and I spotted Nick there. I gently pushed Julianne towards his direction and he started walking over to us. "What's going on?" she asked me, puzzled.

"I think Nick can do the explanations," I winked at her. "Oh, and by the way, take a cab to my house tomorrow, I'm bringing your car over mine! Nick lied about it being broken and it's with Cyrus!" I called and she started protesting when I started walking away, ignoring her calls.

Smiling to myself, I trudged up the stairs to my room.

Julianne's going to be ecstatic when she finds out! I should really consider being a match maker. I'm so good at this! Screw Nick's so called genius plans, I'm the genius one here!

I got out of the shower and was watching a movie on my laptop when the door flung open and there stood a grinning Julianne. "I love you!" she yelled and she jumped up and down.

"See?" I grinned at her.

"You're genius!" she yelled again.

"I've been trying to tell you!" I threw my hands up in the air in frustration.

"You're the best creature alive, ever!" she yelled again.

"Creature sounds very insulting, but go on," I waved my hands around animatedly and Julianne laughed before she tackled me down with a hug.