Chapter 22

Veronica's P.O.V
After shopping, we finally found the perfect outfits. I had no idea what to wear so of course Hope had to help me pick out some stuff. We went to the food court and ordered some Popeyes (Which I am totally in LOVE with) and sat down with our bags full of stuff.

"So what time do we haft to leave to the ball?" I ask and then pop a fry in my mouth.

"Umm 8:30 so we can be there by 9:00" she answered. I nodded.

"Wait what time is it?" Hope asks suddenly. I check my watch.

"Umm its......... 5:30 why?" I ask raising an eyebrow.

"OMG we haft to go and get ready! Hurry up and get your stuff!" She said rushing me.

"But we have 3 hours left!" I said.

"Yes and I don't think that'll be enough time for us to get ready! Beauty takes time!" She says grabbing my arm.

"But what about my chicken?!" I say trying to grab it. People were probably staring but I don't care! Chicken is more important!

"Take it and finish it in the car now hurry!" She says still rushing me. I grab my chicken and bags and I'm basically dragged to the car by Hope.

"Hope slow down! Your going to make us die! What's your rush anyway?" I ask.

"I haft to look perfect for Ethan!"

"Hope!" I pause and grab her shoulder.

"You'll look fine." I finish and give her a reassuring smile. She glances at me from the road but quickly puts her attention back to the road. She nods and calms down a bit.

By the time I finish my chicken, we are now back at the hotel. We rush up the stairs and Hope goes in the shower first. While waiting for her to get out so I can take one, I get a text from Grayson.

Grayson😐😶:hey so what color is your dress? You never told me and it's getting kind of late.

Me:it's red and tell Eth that Hopes dress is black.

Grayson😐😶: ok I'll see you tonight babe. ;)

Me:don't call me babe.

I lock my phone and Hope exits the bathroom and rushes to get to her dress. I enter the bathroom and then enter the shower. I wash my hair, shave, and wash my body. I get out and see Hope doing her make up in the mirror in the room.

"About time! I need to use the bathroom Mirror!" Hope says and rushes into the bathroom. I giggle and then slip on my dress that is red and goes about mid thigh. I walk into the bathroom and start to do my makeup next to hope. I try my best to do a smokey eye which I'm pretty proud of then mascara, foundation, eyeliner, red lipstick, blush and concealer.

Then onto my hair, I straighten it then curl the ends a bit. I twist a piece of hair from the front then pull it back and pin it. I put on my accessories that consist of some diamond earrings and a charm bracelet that my dad gave me when I was 10. I look over to Hope and I see that she is in the process of putting her blonde hair in a beautiful bun. Her make up is perfect and she looks amazing in her long black dress.

"Wow hope you look amazing" I say smiling at her. She turns to me and she smiles.

"Thanks V. but don't cut yourself short you look beautiful too" she says giving me a reassuring smile.