Chapter 38

Hope's POV

I don't want the guys to know, but I plan on telling Veronica everything that happened and help her remember. She deserves to know what happened. The twins will probably be mad at me but they won't he that mad at me. I mean, Ethan's my boyfriend so he can't get that mad at me. The twins left in their car and they offered me a ride but I said that I'd stay for a while longer.

I walked to Veronica's room and Dakota was sitting on the side of the bed, holding her hand as she slept.

"Dakota" I sigh. He looks up at me and then looks away, anger building in his eyes.

"I want to tell her the truth" I say and he looks back at me, softening the look in his eyes.

"Really?" He asks shocked.

"Yes. I know you basically hate Ethan and Grayson but I never got to say how I felt about this whole thing. I don't think she should go on with her life without remembering those things. She deserves to know. I already betrayed her once and I'm not going to do that again." I say and he slightly smiles.

"Okay then. When do you want to start?" He asks as he stands up.

"Once she gets out of here. She won't remember much in this place. It'll help her to be somewhere she's familiar with." I say. He nods and looks back at her. I walk next to him and put my hand on his shoulder.

"You love her" I whisper to him. His head snaps to me and he looks at me in shock.

"I-I-" I cut off his stuttering.

"Don't try to deny it. It's obvious, the way you look at her and care for her." I say. He sighs and looks back at her.

"I don't know. She's my best friend and I don't think she likes me like that. I don't want to make things awkward between us. She's the best thing in my life" he says and I can see his eyes watering.

"Hey hey. It's okay. I get it. I was like that with Ethan. I never thought he liked me but then he asked me out in New Jersey and I've been so happy. I don't know how she feels but I do know that your a great guy and anyone would be lucky to have you" I say and shove his shoulder a little. He chuckles.

"Thanks" he says and looks back at Veronica. Her eyes start to flutter open and she smiles once she sees Dakota.

"Hi" she whispers to him.

"Hey" he says back while rubbing her hand with his thumb. I smile at their cuteness.

"So when can I get out of here?" She asks as she sits up.

"One week then you'll be in a wheel chair for a while." I say and she sighs.

"At least I get out of here." She sighs.

-one week later-

Veronica's POV

I've been out of the hospital for a day and it feels nice to be back home.

"Okay Veronica, me and Dakota are going to spend the whole day helping you to remember what you forgot." Hope says to me as she walks in my room with Dakota by her side.

"Okay but could you tell me what I forgot?" I ask as I sit up.

"No, you tell us if you remember something and if you get it right, we'll know that you truly remember it." Dakota says. I sigh in defeat and nod my head. They help me onto the wheel chair and then wheel me out the house. We get in the car and they start driving to somewhere.

"Where are we going?" I ask.

"You'll see" Hope responds and I groan in frustration. I hate when people do that. We keep driving until we pull into the parking lot of a rope climbing place.