Chapter 37

Grayson's POV

I walk back into the hospital after getting breakfast for everyone to see them all in the waiting room. Why aren't they in her room? I look closer at them and they all have puffy eyes. Okay, now I'm scared.

"What happened?" I ask scared. They all look at me with sadness full in their eyes.

"H-her heart s-s-stopped" Ethan stuttered. I froze.

"No. She can't be dead." I whisper to myself.

"The doctor haven't said anything yet and it's been a while so I'm guessing that's kind of good." Ethan continues. I walk over and sit in the seat next to him.

-1 hour later- (A/N I thought about how they say it in spongebob. Hehehe. I'm terrible)

"Velazquez?" The doctor asks the waiting room and Blake walks up to him while we wait impatiently for the news. I see a small smile creep into face so that has to be good. Right? His smile fades but he doesn't cry. He has a relieved/worried face on.

Blake's POV

"Veronica went into sudden cardiac arrest that caused her blood to quiver instead of pump the blood which caused her heart to stop. We were able to get her heart pumping again and she's alive right now" he says and I smile a bit but I know there's more.

"We found that she will wake up and it should be a few days or possibly hours. But," there is always a but."her brain scan shows that she will not remember some things in her life. She will not remember some parts that her body does not wish to remember such as any physical abuse she has ever had or just terrible parts in her life. Basically, some parts in her life will be a blur. She can remember the day before the accident but she may not remember a year before that. The scan does not show whether she will ever remember. It all depends on her and the people around her. You can see her now." My smile fades a bit. I'm happy she is okay but sad she may not remember some things. But she can't lose that much, she never had any bad times in her life as far as I knew. (Ah but he clearly does not know).

I nod my head and he shows me to her room. She's in a different room now and she has a little less tubes than before but she still looks so scary. I walk over to the side of her bed and gently grab her hand. After a few minutes of just standing there, staring at my unconscious sister, I decide I should tell the others what happened.

Grayson's POV

Blake left with the doctor and he still isn't back yet.

"Fuck! How long is he going to take?" I huff at Ethan.

"Chill dude. He'll come back soon don't worry" Ethan ended up being right. Blake walked through the doors and we all stood up.

"So?!?" I ask impatient and anxious.

"She went under cardiac arrest but they were able to save her and she's fine now. The doctor said she'll wake up in a few days, maybe hours. The bad news is," he paused as a tear rolled down his cheek. I hate when people just leave me hanging like that. I continue to stare at him, like everyone else, waiting for him to continue.

"She will not remember some parts of her life. The doctor says she won't remember the bad memories in her life" he finishes. I sigh in relief. Wait. Does that mean she won't remember me bullying her? Or me ever hurting her? Will she even remember the fight in Africa? Questions ran through my head like a marathon was going on.

"You guys can see her now" he says and leads us to her room. She looks exactly the same except now I know she'll wake up for sure.

---