Chapter 9

While we're watching, we cuddle like a couple but we're not a couple we just act like one sometimes. We're just best friends. People used to ask us if we were dating when I lived in New Jersey but of course I said no.
While we're watching tv, Grayson and Hope come down. At the same time. From the same place. Coincidence? I THINK NOT. Whatever I don't care. So they walk into the living room. They're eyes widen as they see me and Ethan.
"Relax we're just friends unlike some people" I say while standing up and walking to the kitchen. Hope follows me.
"Veronica why do you seem so mad about what happened between me and Gray?" Hope asks me.
"I just expected more from you. You have a boyfriend like you said." I said while grabbing some juice from the fridge.
"Me and Grayson agreed that it was a mistake to kiss. We both agreed to act like it never happened." Hope says and I see her eyes tearing.
"Don't cry. I'm not mad at you. I never was I just had to get out of here because you know I don't like drama." I say and drinking some juice.
"Okay so where did you stay last night since you didn't stay here and your wearing guys clothes." She asks smirking and wiggling her eyebrows.
"God why does everyone keep saying that. Yes it was a guy but he's just a friend. He let me borrow his clothes to sleep in and I didn't feel like changing so I just took them from him" I say giggling.
"Mhm sure" she says sarcastically and walks back to the living room. I just roll my eyes playfully and sit on the counter and go on my phone. I hear someone enter the kitchen and I see Grayson there. I just ignore him and go back to my phone. He snatches my phone away from me.
"Hey give it back!" I say trying to get it back but he's too tall.
"Not until you listen to me. You can't ignore me forever. I know your mad but-" I cut him off.
"I'm not mad!" I say annoyed since very one is saying how I'm mad.
"Your not? Then why are you ignoring me?" He asks.
"Because all you bring is drama to my life and I HATE drama." I say sitting on the counter again.
"Oh well I'm sorry for bringing drama to your life. But I really like you" he says.
"Don't start with that you 'like me so much' bull s*it because if you did you wouldn't go and kiss my best friend." I say. I get up and go to the living room. I plop back down next to Ethan. Grayson goes next to Ethan and we watch ridiculousness in silence.
"I'm going up to my room for a while" I say while standing up and going up the stairs. I go into my room and lay on my bed. Just staring at the ceiling. Why is my life so complicated? Why can't it be normal? It was normal before Grayson came. I was happy. But nope he had to come and ruin my life AGAIN. Ugh. Life sucks. I think to myself. I hear someone playing with the door knob but luckily I locked the door.
"Who is it?" I ask.
"Grayson" he says.
"Sorry but I just want to be alone now." I says
"I bet you wouldn't want to be alone if it was anyone else." He says.
"I'm not going to lie. Your right" I say but i feel bad so I go and unlock the door. He's standing there with a teddy bear. I just walk back to my bed and lay down. He sits on the edge of the bed.
"Look I know you probably hate me but I'm sorry. Will you except my apology bear?" He asks holding the bear up. I sit up.
"Of course he's too cute to say no to" I say grabbing the bear from his hands. He chuckles.
"Good so I've been meaning to ask. Why are you wearing guys clothes?" He asks and he looks sad.
"I stayed at my friends house last night and yes he was a guy" I say looking at the bear. I make sure he hears the friends part.
"Oh okay what's his name?" He asks.
"Matthew Espinosa and I know you know him" I say.
"You know Matt?" He asks surprised.
"Yea I know Brent, Nash, and Hayes too. I met them here my first day and we became good friends." I say.
"Oh" is all he says.
"Yea" I say.
"So I'm going downstairs for a while" he says getting up from the bed.
"Mhm" I say and he leaves. So I guess we're friends again? Ugh he's so confusing.