Chapter 31

Veronica's POV

Grayson charged toward Dakota and he tackled him to the ground, throwing punches while Dakota was struggling to get out. Dakota was throwing a few punches back. Then Ethan joins the riot, kicking Dakota in his legs and stomach.

"STOP IT" I yell while trying to get them off of him. Grayson slaps me in the face and then everybody stops what they're doing and looks at me. I'm holding my, probably red now, cheek.

"WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU TWO?!" I yell at them while I help Dakota up. Dakota has cuts and bruises and a black eye. It kills me to se him like this while Ethan is fine and Grayson has a few scratches.

"Veronica I'm sorry I slapped you" Grayson says.

"THIS IS NOT THE ISSUE! YOU JUST BEAT UP MY BEST FRIEND FOR NO FUCKING REASON!! YOU TWO ARE UNBELIEVABLE" I yell at them. They both look down.

"Come on Dakota" I say and grab his hand. We start walking out the place when I hear someone call my name.

"Veronica what happened?" Brent asks as he walk towards me with Nash and Hayes behind him.

"Why don't you ask those two assholes" I say and point Ethan and Grayson. I leave them there, confused and take Dakota to my car. I notice he's limping and I feel terrible.

"I'm sorry Dakota" I say while entering the car.

"It's okay but you know I could've taken them on" he smirks.

"Yea it didn't look like you could" I chuckle.

"Whatever we'll never know now" he says.

"Okay so we're going to my house right now to get you cleaned up" I say while leaving the parking lot. He nods and turns on the radio.

"BABY GIRL YOU LOOK SO DAMN FINE DOE" he sing/screams and I laugh at him.

"You know you love my singing" he says while turning the radio down.

"Yea I do" I say and laugh. He keeps singing until we pull up at my house. I notice a girl outside on my porch and she looks familiar. I hop out the car and help Dakota out. As I get closer to my house, I finally make out the girl.

Hope

Ugh these people do not know how to leave me alone and don't they hate me? I walk up to my house and Hope stands up.

"Veronica-" she starts but I cut her off.

"What do you want?" I say a bit rude.

"Well me and the twins came in town for Digi and we just wanted to apologize for not believing you in Africa" she says looking down. Should I believe her? It doesn't matter. If you do, you still don't want to be her friend anymore.

"Noted now if you'll excuse me" I say and walk past her and to my door. I dig threw my pockets for my keys.

"So we're friends again?" She asks with hope.

"Sorry but if you were a real friend, you would have believed me when I told you the truth. Not have turned your back to me. That really hurt me." I say and a tear rolls down my cheek. She stands there, not saying anything and looking at the ground.

I open the door and help Dakota inside.

"That was tense" Dakota says.

"Yea tough day and it's still early" I chuckle.

"Yea but let's hope nothing else happens today" he says and he sits on the counter in the bathroom. I nod my head and start looking around the cabinets for my first-aid kit.

"Aha found it!" I say when I finally find it in a cabinet. I grab the alcohol and a cotton ball.

"Okay this may burn" I say as I put alcohol on the cotton ball. He grips the sink then nods. I gently put the cotton ball on one of his cuts and he winces in pain.

"Sorry" I say and he nods his head. I continue to dab his cuts and eventually I'm done cleaning him up. I put a bandage on a cut on his jaw and then I'm done.

"Okay done now I can see your face again" I say and cheekily smile. He chuckles and hops off the counter. He stares into my eyes and I stare into his hazel eyes. He cups my face and I blush. This is not happening.

"You look cute when you blush" he teases and un cups my face.

"Shut up" I say and push him. He laughs and we exit the bathroom.

We walk out and go into the living room. Just as we sit down, there's a knock on the door. I groan.

"It better not be who I think it is" I say and get up again. He gets serious and gets up too, walking behind me as we approach the door.

When I open the door, pure happiness and excitement fill me.

"BLAKE" I scream in excitement and jump on him, giving him a big hug.

I missed his hugs so much.

---

Woah who's Blake?

VOTE/COMMENT!❤️☺️