Chapter Nine: The Fair

"He kissed you!?" Laura exclaims and I lay on her bed and nod my head.

"Yep." I reply.

"Is he a good kisser?" She asks making me sit up and look at her.

"I... I don't know, I don't have anyone to compare it too... That's not the point, the point is he took my first kiss." I tell her.

"You'll have someone to compare it too tonight." She smirks and I feel my cheeks heat up.

"Speaking of that, what's the time?" I ask. She picks up her phone and looks at the time.

"He should be here any second." She tells me as the doorbell rings. My stomach twists and I feel slightly nauseous.

"Are you sure this looks fine?" I ask her nervously.

"Girl you look fabulous, now get out there and go on your date." She nudges and I smile. I grab my purse and walk to the front door and open it up to Jake. His brown hair is styled in its usual quiff. He is in a grey jumper with denim jeans on and vans.

"You look..." He coughs and looks me over. "Gorgeous." I smile and blush at his words.

"Thanks... You look nice too." I reply awkwardly. Why do I have to be so nervous and awkward?

"You ready?" He asks and I nod my head.

"Where are we going?" I ask as I close the door and make my way to his car.

"It's a surprise." He smiles and I can't help but smile as well.

***

I smile as we approach the fair. I love fairs. I hardly used to go to them but when I did I loved every second of it. I get out the car and Jake smiles at me.

"I wouldn't of worn a skirt if I knew we were going to a fair." I tell him and he laughs.

"So what do you want to do first?" Jake asks and I look around the fair. It was massive. There were rides for kids and teenagers, food trucks and food stalls, a stage for entertainment, stalls and shops.

"I have no idea." I reply in awe of this place.

"Are you hungry at all?" He asks and I nod my head.

Ok Sam, don't make yourself look like a fool. Don't say anything geeky and stupid or mention the past. Also be careful when you eat, no talking with food in your mouth or eating with your mouth open.

We walk through the the food section of the carnival and look for food to eat. We stop at a van where beef and gravy rolls are sold. No way am I getting one of those, that is only set up to end in disaster. I order just chips and we find a place to sit.

As we take a seat an image of Louis pops into my head and I try to push it away. Unfortunately my mind runs through all the questions of the events that happened only an hour before. Why did he kiss me? Did he plan on doing that? Is he going to do it again? Does he like me? Of course the last ones answer is no. I'm 'ham sam', nialls cousin. Why am I even thinking about Louis liking me when I am on a date... And not with Louis.

I push the thoughts out of my head and snap back to reality.

"So you like fairs?" Jake asks and I nod my head.

"Uhh, yeah, I've only been to a few but I enjoyed them." I tell him. "Do you like fairs?"

"Yeah, I come to this one every year." He tells me and I smile.

"So, what's the best ride?" I ask.

"The zipper, the haunted house, the Ferris wheel..." He smiles and I can't help but return it.