#14

please check out a friends's story! [http://www.quotev.com/story/6735398/Youtube-Gamer-Oneshots-Requests-are-Welcome/] there IS a really good matpat x reader on there :))
----------------------------
prompt: Imagine Person A overhearing Person B singing in the shower and sitting by the door to listen.

song: [https://youtu.be/1UGFQiqJ0UI]

The shower water ran as you sat by the bathroom door, face in your knees. You two had a nasty fight just moments ago, and he stormed off to take a shower to calm down. Not knowing what to do, you slid in front of the bathroom door, ready to cry. You felt guilty. You hated fighting with him, and was going to apologize to Matt when he got out.

A sweet voice rang through the air. It wasn't a fancy song or anything like that, but you recognized it from a game you saw him play before.

"Don't try to tell me that my intentions are untrue
My eyes like butterflies you caught 'em and they're open wide
Clouded and hazy future clear whenever I'm with you
Just think of all the things we could do to pass the time
It's a walk in the park, it goes"

Your ears perked up. Slowly lifting your head, you put your ear up to the door and listened closely. The sound of muffled crying was heard, but the next verse came eventually. Resisting the urge to barge in and hold Matthew until he felt better was hard, but you decided to let him be with his game songs.

"Na na na, na na na, na na na na na na
Na na na, na na na, na na na na na na."

You had to admit, that part made you chuckle a bit. The shower water was still running, and you wondered what he was doing in there. Your thoughts wandered into certain spots, and you decided to shake them out. No time to be a pervert and just listen to his voice.

"'Cuz everybody's got a little pieces of someone they hide
It's okay, it's the way we distract until the day that we die
And though our future's gone uncertain, it's gonna be alright
'Cause though I'm leaving longing leaves me ever by your side

And all our time together is tearing me apart
I can't hold you tomorrow but I hold you in my heart
And all our time together is tearing me apart
I can't hold out forever, but I hold you in my heart."

The last two refrains struck you hard. Tears started to threaten as you tried not to think of bad things.. of him leaving you and not wanting your love anymore. Rubbing them off, you tried to stay positive and not break down and cry like a baby in the middle of the floor. You pulled yourself into fetal position, and tucked your knees to your chest. The hardwood was cold which didn't really help you.

"Don't try to tell me that my intentions are untrue
Don't even bother tryin' to tell me 'cause you live a lie
'Cause a moment or a minute I can see it through
And have a precious little second of you by my side, it goes

Na na na, na na na, na na na na na na
Na na na, na na na, na na na na na na."

You tried not to listen to any sounds, but only his singing and it worked. He indirectly calmed you down with only his voice and it was alluring to hear.

"And our future's lookin bright
In all the little pieces of the people that we keep inside
'Cause you can do-make-say-think-laugh-sink-drink all night
All the little visions all the little moments that we keep inside."

The shower water shut off. You didn't care. He stepped out of the tub and footsteps stopped in the middle of the bathroom. You sat up, head leaning against the wall near the door. You murmured the final lyrics as a voice joined in and sat next to you.

"And all our time together is tearing me apart
I can't hold you tomorrow but I hold you in my heart
And all our time together is tearing me apart
I can't hold out forever, but I hold you in my heart."

You looked at him, and pulled him into a hug. The theorist grinned, holding you close.

"Do you forgive me, y/n?" He asked.

"Yes, I do forgive you."