#24

A family member Mat is close to passes away. The reader (whom he is already dating) is not home when he finds this out. When they return, Mat is found unusually silent and down. The reader then asks what is wrong and he collapses into them in tears. Comforting a crying MatPat fluff then ensues.
Thank you for TWO requests, lovely Hannah !
------------

        Wearing a modest red dress that fell to your knees, and hugged your shoulders, you were getting ready to leave for a semi-formal party with your friends, y/bf/n and y/2bf/n. Matt was curled up on the couch, watching a movie. He looked cute, bundled up in so many blankets. "Hey Matt-o. I'm going out to the party. There's leftover pizza and the holy drink of all gods if you can find it. Try not to burn down the house!" You chuckled.

        "Aw, c'mon Y/N, I'm not gonna burn down the house. And.. is it a new 2 liter? I need to know.. for science." Matt grinned, and you replied with a quick "yeah, it is."

        "Alright! Now we're talkin'! Bye Y/N, I love you and be safe. Don't drive drunk." The theorist chewed down on some popcorn and watched you put on your jacket, grab your purse and leave. He then redirected his attention to The Matrix. You, on the other hand, were going to a surprise party for one of your friends. It was her birthday and she helped you get together with Matt. You're very proud of that.

        When you arrive at the place, the room stinks of the familiar stench of vodka and other hard liquors. Thankfully, you were legal, however, you felt like only taking a maximum of three shots. You didn't feel like getting wasted. Tipsy was fine for tonight. "Hey, guys! Hide! She's almost here!" A male voice called out, and you rushed to hide behind the lavish, red couch that was quite peculiar in size and of questionable origins.  Your friend strode into the room, and everyone sprung up to say "Surprise!"

        After a couple of hours of partying, you ended up being rock solid sober and drove some of your friends home, as they were wasted. You finally pulled into your own driveway, and strode into the still illuminated house. It was 11 pm, and you were sure Matt would have turned out some of the lights already. "Hey, I'm hom-" you called out, but got interrupted mid-sentence by a silent Matt, staring down at an almost-liquid bowl of icecream.

        "Hey.. hey.. Matt, are you ok? Are you tired?" The theorist nodded his head yes to the first, no to the last. He wasn't speaking, just fiddling with his thumbs and drilling holes into the bowl with his eyes. "This isn't like you, babe. Are you seriously ok?" You sat in the chair next to him, and put a palm to his forhead to check his temperature. Matt sniffed, and began to cry. "Y-Y/N.. oh god.." He threw his arms immediately around you.

        The theorist sobbed into your shoulders, inhaling your natural scent with a faint residue of deodrant/perfume. "Just take deep breaths. You'll be ok, everything is ok. What's wrong, Matt?" He gripped your back, warm tears sloppily landing on your dress. "I.. He.." Matt took a deep breath, and took a moment to regain his composure. "He.. I got a call while you were out. My.. my dad was in an accident and.. and.. he passed away.."

        You gasped, and hugged him before lifting his head up. "It'll be ok, I'm here for you. I'll.. I'll help you. I know it's hard." Matt looked into your eyes, frantically, his eyes red. They were full of sadness, and puffy. "I love you, Matt. Don't forget that." You pulled him back into a hug, and rubbed his back. In a broken voice, he responded, "I love you too, Y/N. Please don't leave me."

A/N: I'm having a cover contest! Submit your covers, they have to have MatPat x Reader Oneshots on it, @.meowicles as the author tagline and well, the deadline is 11/27! You have twenty days, lovelies. Cya!