#31 - HOLIDAY SPECIAL

Hello, hello! This is the first oneshot in the Holiday Specials series! This is for the Fourth of July, the day of true American patriotism.
Requests are closed until #33 is released! Sorry for the inconvenience. Things are coming along smoothly, so chapters should be coming out as frequently as possible.
Also, I have started a fanart contest! Read more about it below in the external link.
Thank you for reading!
------------

Glittering streams of gold shot up into the warm, humid California night sky. Loud pops and faint explosions rang in your ears, while you happily watched the fireworks show. The fireworks made the air smell like gunpowder, and the field you were sitting on smelled like earth. A warm embrace was hugging you close, making you smile. Everything felt calm, so very calm. You looked up and broke into a big grin.

There he was. Matthew Patrick. You felt so lucky to meet and fall in love with someone like him. He had his usual sloppy grin on his face, making small, soft comments whenever the fireworks went off. A silver stream shot up into the air beyond the trees, and disappeared before turning into a green shower.

"Look at that one right there, Y/N! That was beautiful." He pointed at the sky where the last one was. Matthew turned towards you and smiled. "But it's not as beautiful as you." The theorist let out a small chuckle before planting a kiss on your forehead. Your face flushed, cheeks going warm. Matt was being a huge flirt, so you gently slapped him on the arm before nuzzling into him.

"You're such a big flirt." With a soft giggle, you remarked. Your eyes traveled from him to the fireworks in the sky. It was so calming despite the loud pops happening every time one was set off. Matt rubbed your arm lovingly, causing you to shiver a little bit. The theorist noticed this, and pulled you a tad bit closer.

"I really, really love you Y/N. Do you know that?" He put his head on top of yours, humming a soft tune.

"Yes, you big dork! I love you too." You giggled softly, playing with the fingers on his free hand while the grand finale of the fireworks began.