Tomorrow's Departure

Chapter 29 Lillian's P.O.V.

_About a month later_

My eyes fluttered open, it was the 4th of July. And tonight we are all going to Andy's for the fireworks display. Surprisingly I had found a job being an photographer/ graphic artist. I am always on call for it. At least it is bring some money to bring in. Although right now I am not really working. I am in a class and the company I work for is paying for it. I looked to my left and saw Jake slowly waking up.

"Good morning," I said.

"How long have you been up?" He asked.

"Only a little bit."

"Okay, when do we have to be over at Andy's?"

"4:00 I believe and I was going to make a dish too. Because Andy is going to have supper, games, and fireworks."

"Okay, what dish are you making?"

"Apple pie."

"Do we have anything to make it?"

"I don't believe so, but I will look. If we don't I was going to go to the store."

"Okay." I got up and stretched, Jake did the same. As he was stretching he fell over.

"Jake, you okay?" I asked walking over to him laying on the floor.

"Fine, could I have a little help up." I grabbed his hand and helped him up. I grabbed a batman tee and shorts, then walking into the bathroom to take a shower.

"You comin in?" I asked poking my head outside the bathroom door.

"Yea, give me a minute." He had grabbed the rest of his clothes and came into the bathroom. He shut the door, I turned on the water. He set the towels by the shower as we took our clothes off. We both went into the shower, I let the water run down me for a little bit. I knew I was going to miss this, Jake is leaving tomorrow afternoon for touring. So today we are having a 4th of July/ good bye party. Then I had washed my hair and everything.

"You know I am going to miss you right?"

"Yea, touring just isn't going to be the same."

"I was only with you for 2 shows."

"Yes. But it will still be different."

"Why? Now you have me to worry about?"

"It would be something to be worried about."

"Yup and you are something to worry about too."

"I am, you know guitar players are just so wild."

"Yes you are." I said jokingly.

"Not really," he said.

"I am just kidding, you are more like the silent assailant." I said.

"Okay then," he said the we got out of the shower. I grabbed a towel and wrapped it around me. I put my clothes on, then put my hair in braids. I had put my hair into pigtail like braids. Later I was going to take the braids out and let my hair down. Then I put my make up on and started to head downstairs. Jake followed me and we let Trixy out. My phone had buzzed, it was Andy. A= Andy, L=Lillian

A: Hey you coming over at 4? And are you bringing anything?

L: Yes, I was going to bring homemade apple pie. Do you want me to bring anything else?

A: Could you bring like a tray of meat, cheese and crackers?

L: I will.

A: Thanks.

L: See you later.

A: See you later.

"Who you texting?" Jake asked.

"I was texting Andy, we are supposed to bring a meat and cheese tray also." I said.

"Okay, so we have to go to the store then," he said. We went back inside, I grabbed my wallet. He grabbed his keys and I put Trixy in her kennel. Then we were off to the store. Yesterday I had written a list of what we all needed. It was only a short period of time that we took to get the list completed. But standing in line took forever, I am surprised that the grocery store is not closed. We finally got out of the store and headed home.

"What do you want for lunch?" I asked.

"Just a little snack to hold us over? Knowing them they are probably going to have lunch at 4." He said.

"Okay,"I said. We had pulled up into the driveway. It has gotten a little bit colder outside, but the little bit of chill was nice. Considering it was not even noon so it was going to warm up. Then we walked inside the house, I set down the stuff on the table and got out the pie recipe. Next I got out the supplies that were needed, putting the ingredients in the bowl. I had used my hands to make the dough.

"Jake, I am all sticky," I said holding the dough ball.

"Jeez I didn't even have to do anything," he said.

"Surprisingly," I said laughing.

"Well, you got that in between your fingers also," he said.

"I don't like it, could you pour some more flour down for me?" He did, then I put down the dough ball. I had rolled out 2 sets of pie crusts.

"What you like me to do?" He asked.

"Could you cut up the apples? Be careful, the knife is really sharp" I said.

"I will, how you like me cut the apples up?"

" Cut them into quarter chunks please." Once I had the dough cut and the pieces were also cut we put the top layer of crust on. Then we put them in the oven for an hour. Occasionaly we had checked up on the pies. Then my phone started to ring, it was my mom. And always I put it on speaker phone. J= Jake, L= Lillian, M= Mom

L: Hi Mom.

J: Hi Mrs. Biersack

M: Hi guys. Jake, you can call me mom or Amy.

J: Oh, okay.

M: So what are you guys going tonight?

L: We are going to Andy's.

J: He is having fireworks there also.

M: That sounds fun.

L: What are you doing mom?

M: Well your father and I are going to watch fireworks in the park tonight.

L: Do you know who is lighting them?

M: Friends of ours, you would not know them.

L: Oh.

M: Is Andy lighting them?

J: I believe, but I am not sure.

L: News to me.

M: I think Andy will be responsible enough not to get hurt.

J: I know he won't.

L: Well I have to go check on pies.

M: Okay, bye guys.

L: Bye Mom.

J: Bye. Then she hung up, ironically the timer beeped. I ran over to check on the pies and took them out to put them on the cooling rack. Once that was done I went to the bathroom and took my braids out.

"Wow I like your hair like that," he said.

"Thanks, now lets go. We don't want to be late," I said blushing.