The Test

Chapter 34 Lillian's P.O.V.

~Next Morning~

I woke up at 8:30 am, I went into the bathroom to shower. I heard a knock on the door, Jake must have woken up. I had opened the door to see Jake standing there.

"Good morning Jake," I said.

"You taking a shower?" He asked.

"Yea, you wanna come in?"

"Yes please, give me a minute to get my clothes."

"Okay," I said. I quick grabbed a suit. I kinda liked dressing up once in a while. I turned on the water and Jake came in. Jake and I had taken our clothes off, stepping in the shower. It was a shorter shower since we both knew that we had to get going. We had stepped out once we were done. I had put on my suit and took my piercings out. I was not sure if I could have them in. But I  am sure earrings will be fine. I think my boss would be cool with my other piercings, but I will take them out to be safe.

"What would you like for breakfast?" Jake asked. 

"Hmmm, I'll go with cereal. You?" I replied.

"Sure," he said. I got down the cereal I wanted and he got his. Once we got finished we did dishes, and let Trixy out. Then we had  headed off to work. I had the car, and I dropped Jake off. After that I went to the photography studio. I had walked in and saw the usual.

"Hey Alice do you know where Mr. Birden is?" I asked. Mr. Birden is my boss and Alice is the receptionist.

"Mr. Birden is in his office," she said.

"Thanks," I said walking to his office.

"Your welcome," she said looking at her computer screen. I had went up to his office and knocked on his door. I never really had formally met Mr. Birden. He has been really busy lately. 

"Hello I am here for my test Mr. Birden." I said.

"Hello Ms. Biersack , please take a seat." he smiled. Mr. Birden was a built man, he is around 6 foot, glasses, short brown hair and piercing green eyes.

His office was huge, and had a giant window. He had a couple of paintings on the wall, had a huge desk, and a black leather couch. It was a very formal looking office.

"So what will I be expecting for this test?" I asked politely.

"It will be like a real photo shoot and I will see if you qualify." He simply stated.

"Oh okay," I said. He had gotten up and went to the door.

"If you could follow me please," he added. I had gotten up and went with him. He had led me down a hallway to a pair of big black doors. The hallway was white with pictures in frames that hung neatly. It looked more like your typical art museum. Once the doors had opened, it reveled a big room that had everything set up for a photo shoot.

There was a couple standing there. I am supposing that I am going to take pictures of them.

"Hello Mr. and Mrs. Strider this is Lillian. Your photographer, this will be her first time being a photographer," Mr. Birden said pointing toward me. Mr. and Mrs. Strider shook my hand. We had gotten them placed and I started to take pictures. It took a good hour for pictures and for them to select their favorites.

"Thank you Ms. Biersack and Mr. Birden." The couple said then left, then Mr. Birden took me back to his office.

"Good job Lillian," he said.

"Thank you Mr. Birden, you can call me Lilla," I said.

"Okay, you can call me Jonathan."

"Okay."

"I will call you to let you know if you have the job. You are free to go."

"Thank you Jonathan. Good bye."

"Bye Lilla." I heard him say as I walked out.

Once I got into the car my phone rang, it was Jake.  L= Lillian, J=Jake

L: "Hey Jake you caught me just in time."

J: "Why?"

L: " I just got done working."

J: "Oh cool. I just wanted to let you know that I will call you when we are done. It will be later than usual."

L: "Okay, thanks babe. Just to let you know if I don't pick up I might be sleeping."

J: " Okay, welcome. Bye."

L: " Bye."

He hung up, then I drove home. I had walked in the house, and as usual Trixy greeted me. We had played outside a little bit, then we came back in. I was tired, and I just wanted a nap. So I did while I was waiting for Jake to be done. I grabbed my phone to listen to music, then I drifted off to sleep.

~Memory/ Flashback~

I hate being here, I was at a nursing home. I hated to see what my grandfather had amounted to. It was early December, I had just visited him in November . It was him, my grandma and me all hanging out in November. But anyways we had entered the nursing home. The smell of elderly lady perfume hit my nose. Today was probably the last day I was going to see him alive. So it was my whole family, grandpa and grandma. Andy had taken off touring, had taken off work and so did my parents. We went downstairs to the ward he was in. Yes he was in a locked ward which was known as the mental ward. We had walked to his room and I saw him in there. The nurses told us he doesn't wake up very often. So basically all day he was in a vegetative state. If you don't know what that means. It means in my grandfather's case he would be asleep all day and not talk. Very seldomly would he wake up to do anything. It was heartbreaking, (yes in real life this did happen to me. I do not know how Andy's grandfather passed on.)

He was still asleep, I did not know what to say or do really.

"You can hold his hand Lillian," my grandma said. My grandma was always with him and by his side. It has been a good 50 years that they have been together. I took hold of my grandpa's hand, not ever wanting to let go. I love him and all the memories we have had together. I started to cry silently to myself. I felt Andy rub my back. I saw my grandpa's eyes open and look around.

"You kids deserve a punch in the nose," he said. I heard him barely say. Yea he was that kind of person to say that. I felt him hold my hand back. I know it was time to leave and let go. He cannot leave me! I cannot leave! Please take someone else, just not him! Before I let go I choked out " I love you grandpa."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Lillian wake up please," Jake said shaking me.

"What?" I said.

"You were crying."

"When did you get here?"

"Just now, Andy dropped me off. I know you were asleep since you didn't answer your phone. And I decided to let you sleep." He said pulling me close. I was still sobbing, it was hard to lose my grandpa.