Simple Joys

Chapter 41 Lillian's P.O.V.

~Christmas Morning~

My eyes fluttered open and I rolled over looking at the alarm clock, the green light on the clock illuminated 10:15 a.m.

These past few months have been easy since the incident. Mr.Birden got fired from being my boss. Luckily I found out when court was, it is Jan 9th. Sad part is that Jake and the guys will be gone. And I will see if the girls can make it, for like some form of moral support.

One thing that I have noticed is that Jake has been getting really kind of nervous around me. Honestly it is kinda scaring me, he would not tell me why he is so nervous. And I would not really want to bug in on his personal problems. But what if he wants to break up with me? What if something happens to him and I will never be able to see him again? What if he is cheating on me? I don't think any of this would really happen, but it is a possibility.

I rolled back over to see Jake smiling at me.

"Good morning and Merry Christmas babe," I smiled.

"Good morning and Merry Christmas baby," he said kissing me.

"Who's house are we going to for Christmas? If we are going anywhere."

"I believe Jinxx's for Christmas and here for New Year's Eve."

"I am assuming Christmas dinner is at 1pm."

"I believe so, should I or you call Jinxx or Sammi to make sure?"

"I will send Sammi a text. What would you like for breakfast?"

"Waffles please."

We walked downstairs and started to make waffles. It was only a short while till the waffles were ready and Trixy was let out. Then the waffles were dished out, we both sat down and ate them. I gazed out the marveling at the fake tree in the corner, thinking how far in life I have come. Just really thinking about family; the hardships I have had with them. And the bond between them and me; also the bond between me and Jake. I hope nothing is wrong with Jake, so I am worrying for no reason.

"Lillian!" Jake yelled waving a hand in front of my face breaking my gaze.

"Sorry what?" I said politely.

"You ready to open presents?"

"Yup."

We both got up and walked over to the tree. I sat right infront of the tree, my eyes looking at all the intricate lights hung that have been lighting my face. Jake sat down next to me, he smiled looking at me. I had a child like smile plastered on my face.

After we were done opening presents we sat down and enjoyed eachother's company. Just the simpleness of that moment is amazing. I am not a really hard person to please, I am a real simplistic person. I would rather go for a walk and have a picnic in the woods than going out to a fancy dinner. I think Jake has caught on to that I am simplistic. Jake is the most amazig person in the world and can read me like no one else.

"You know it is about 12:00, we should get dressed." I said looking at my phone.

"We should," he replied.

I ran upstairs and he followed. I decided on wearing a simple red dress with black flats. I don't really want to wear the break your neck heels. My hair was curled and pinned to the right side. Lastly, I had eyeliner, mascara, and basic foundation on.

"Ready?" He asked.

"Yup, lets go." I said.

"Hey Lilla, I have something to tell you."