Chapter 2

She entered the bathroom to take a bath but soon realised she forgot the towel outside,when she went outside she saw a little girl holding a towel.She took the towel and thanked her, she thought the girl might be Malik's baby cousin or someone else because she was not very familiar with his family but what the girl said next sent chills down Sakeena' s spine. "You're our new mother right?"
New mother? the word seemed somehow odd.
Not knowing what to do she ran downstairs towards the lounge to ask Malik what the girl meant, she went downstairs where she heard her sister-in-law saying: "Malik got married the third time and his wife accepted that? That's ridiculous" she was still, she couldn't feel anything, not even the tears that were now streaming down her cheeks. She quietly went upstairs and sat down on her bed. She was thinking of the excuses her husband would give her when she would ask him about his other two wives maybe like every other man he would say "our religion allows us four marriages" but the men who say these words don't realise that marriage is not the only thing that religion is made for. You cannot just remember religion for four marriages and then run from your other responsibilities. If a man cannot handle five prayers in a day how can he handle four wives for his whole life. She knew that despite whatever she had been through she did not deserve this, yes, she did love that man more than anything but this was the time she had to use the only power she had and she left the house without telling anyone. When Malik woke up he heard his family whispering downstairs and when he went downstairs all of them stopped talking and had a embarrasing look on their faces. The first thought that came to his mind was "where is Sakeena?"

"No way!"he said out loud. "She isn't home is she? You told her about my other two marriages didn't you? Or did she her you talking?".
"She heard us talking" said his sister. He sat down with his head in his hands, he was going to tell her about it but.....oh no he didn't even have an excuse. He loved her and there was no excuse to it but how does he convince her of that? But where did she go?....