Chapter 41

Taha didn't know who to feel.
His world came crashing down when he heard that his....he couldn't even bring himself to say those words.
It was just too hard. Everybody and I mean everybody was crying at her funeral except one person
Her husband.
He had never loved his wife. They were always fighting. Once he said to Khalida
"You'll never enter jannah" and she replied
"If I knew that you would be in jannah I would ask Allah to send me to hell instead"
That was the kind of relationship they had.

Dania was in hysterics too but she couldn't cry much because of Taha. She wanted to be strong for him.

Taha went to the kitchen to get himself a glass of water. He hadn't cried in front of everybody because he just...didn't want to maybe.
He opened the refrigerator to take the water bottle but when he saw his milkshake, he couldn't control the tears.
He sat down on the kitchen floor. Crying his heart out and punching the floor. How could this happen? His mother's death was so unexpected but even in her last moments she didn't forget about him.
He just sat there crying and crying.

Taha's sister on the other hand wasn't crying at all. She didn't even look sad.
She was playing with her fingers and acting like a 5 year old. Everybody was worried about her health because she just wasn't accepting the fact that her mother was dead.
She just couldn't.
Dania went up to her sister-in-law
"Oh look at your mother. She isn't here anymore"
Dania said in attempts to make her cry. They were taking away khalida's body.
"No..no she isn't dead. All of you are crying for no reason. Stupid people" she said and went back to playing with her fingers.
"She is" Dania said and let out a sob. Her cheeks soaked with tears.
Her sister-in-law looked up and finally a year escaped her eye
"She is. She is" she started crying and slapping Dania's legs who was crouched in front of her.
A good 5 minutes had passed and she still didn't stop slapping her legs. Dania felt her legs go numb from the pain.
She couldn't take it anymore.
Se acted on her instincts and slapped her sister-in-law on her cheek, twice.
Everybody in the room looked at them, some stifled a giggle and some were shocked.
Soon she started crying again and pulled Dania into a hug.
Dania saw one of the relatives stand up and go into the kitchen. She stood up and went after her to see if she wanted something but what she saw was the complete opposite.
She was sitting in the floor laughing and clutching her stomach. Dania was surprised.
"Why are you laughing?"

"Cause you just slapped her!" She exclaimed and after hearing this even Dania let out a small laugh.

Khalida always wanted to see her grandchild and that was the part that made her sad.
That Khalida, someone who was like a mother to her couldn't see her grandchild.
She considered all of this her fault while Taha was trying to console her by saying that it was what Allah wanted.

Why did all of the bad things happen to her?

She always heard people talking about the good turn in their life but she was waiting and waiting her turn wasn't there. It just wasnt.....

Hello everybody. So the flashbacks are over, you will find out whose POV this story is in in the next chapter. There are literally 3 more chapters left.
Please vote and comment