Chapter 26

It had been a week since Farham took Amna and saying that Dania missed her more than anything was an understatement. She barely ate and had been locked up in her room all week and all she could think was:
So much for being strong
She knew she had to be strong but she didn't know how? All her life Malik taught her to be strong and it's surprising how your entire life's lectures can turn into ashes in a second. As a kid she would think
I'll be a strong woman when I grow up
And now all of a sudden it seemed like the most difficult thing in the world. She missed Malik so much these days.
The lectures she wished to find a way to escape as a child, right now she wanted to hear those lectures. Right now she wanted her father to take her in his arms like she was a 10 year old and tell her stories about the strongest women in history like Rosa Parks and Fatima Ali Jinnah.
There was no denying that she missed Ahmed too. Every day she would wish that he would just magically appear from somewhere and say
"Surprise. It was just a joke. You need to chill, beautiful" and then take her face in his warm hands. She would be angry with him for leaving her alone all this time but then she would forgive him. She would hug him like there was no tomorrow. Sometimes Dania thought that it was best Ahmed left her because he was too good to be in this world.

On top of all that, every time Sakeena would see Dania. Her condition would start to worsen. Her blood pressure would rise and her breathing would get heavier. Although her family was very supportive, she knew she was the reason behind Sakeena's illness.
She went to live with Hamna for two days but her husband was too strict for even Hamna, whom he loved so much before marriage.
How she wished that everything would be fine again!
Sometimes she would get angry at Ahmed for leaving her. Sometimes she would want to straighten her hair, she wanted to dress up sometimes after Ahmed's death and when she came back to her mother's, when she thought she was finally happy. She would look at the straightener and would call Ahmed's name to straighten her hair. Just like he always did when they were married because she was too much of a queen for Ahmed. He wouldn't let her do anything on her own. If it would've been for him, he wouldn't let her eat her food herself too.
Every now and then Sakeena's half-sister would bring a divorcee or widower for Dania to get married to.
After all that was how Dania and Ahmed met and they knew that Sakeena just wanted to see her daughter settled. It hurt her every time she saw Dania cry because of Amna.
Some men would reject Dania because she had a daughter and they weren't ready to go to court with Dania and get her daughter back and some guys' mother would be just like Ahmed's, thinking that Dania was some bad luck.
Dania was more than broken and as much as Sakeena wanted her to be settled she knew that Dania hadn't moved on.
But for the first time in a year Dania understood that Ahmed wasn't coming back and she wanted someone to be with her, like Ahmed.
She finally thought that she needed somebody who could help her move on from Ahmed.
Someone who would love her like Ahmed did

Hello everybody, what do you think? Is Dania finally ready to move on? Will she find somebody who will help her move on? Please vote and comment. And also I'm updating rn because I won't be able to do it tomorrow because of eid. Eid Mubarak!