Chapter 22

"Don't go back there. Please"
"I won't. I'll go home with you once you're fine mom"
"Pinky promise?"
"Pinky promise" Dania chuckled, how could her mother still be funny while lying in a hospital bed "You should get some rest. I'm right outside if you need anything"
"Okay" she whispered almost inaudibly

"You aren't really coming with us, are you?" Zahid asked once they got out of the room
"No I'm not I just said that to make her feel better"
"Why can't you Dania? You have to. I'm sorry I know I'm being harsh but you need to accept the fact that Ahmed is dead and he's not gonna come back as your hero and save you from those people. You need to speak up for yourself" he whisper-shouted. He then calmed down and whispered while holding Dania's hand "please take Amna with you and come home. We miss you and I know why you don't wanna come. I know you think that I won't be able to take care of you because of my financial status but trust me I can take care of my munchkin" he said and then ruffled her hair.
Dania smiled when she heard her nickname. It reminded her of the happy times she and her siblings had together like the time they were jumping on the bed until they broke it. She chuckled remembering those times.
"Zahid you don't know how much I want to come back home believe me but you guys have to come and take me because they won't let me come by myself and you know this is the truth. God!they even cut the line when I want to talk to Hamna. HAMNA can you imagine" she said emphasizing on Hamna's name.
"Okay we'll come as soon as mother is discharged. I promise" he said and smiled.
"Thank you Zahid, you're the best brother" she smiled and meant it for the first time after Ahmed's death. Maybe being with her family and leaving that hell would be a good idea. Maybe it will help her take her mind off of the bad things. But would the house still feel the same without her dear father there?

Hello lovely people, do you finally think that Dania is going to be happy when she goes to her mother's place? And please leave your suggestions for the cast below. Love you all