Epilogue

"Sadia, get here with the salad!" Screamed aunt Hamna.

Oh god, this place was a mess. All of the family was here for the annual eid dinner at aunt Hamna's.

I watched her as she screamed orders and set the table.

I admired her so much. After she got married to uncle Faisal she started her own business and had her very own boutique but her heart just wasn't into it.
Uncle Faisal's eyesight was already really weak but by the time she shut her workshop it was so weak that he couldn't work or get a job so aunt Hamna got more serious with her acting career and now she supports the whole house by herself, she had to bear uncle Faisal's mood swings for a while too but now he's all good.

She even married her daughter without any help and Mashallah she was doing well.

Her sons were studying right now.

"Coming!" Said Sadia, aunt Hamna's daughter.

Just then uncle Zahid accompanied by his son Osama entered the room and punched my back lightly, he was always like this with children and then my cousin (the same one I cried in front of) shouted "hey hair blast".

Now the reason he called me this is because of my extremely curly hair, he said that they looked like someone blasted a bomb in there, hence the name hair blast. He was such a weirdo but he was the best brother ever.
"Oh come on we both know you love my hair" I said smirking and referring to the time when his fiancé told me that he thinks my hair is beautiful and I intend to use that against him for forever.

"That he does" said Irsa, my uncle's second daughter and my favourite cousin ever.

She and aunt Ayesha's eldest daughter took care of me whenever mama was too busy and both of them were like my second mothers.
"I second that" said Zainab, uncle Zahid's eldest daughter. She took care of me when mama went to Dubai without me and I was at home without her for the first time.
Uncle Zahid never had an easy life. Their step brother (Malik's aka my grandfather's son from his other wife) married his son to Zainab and then they borrowed money from everybody in the family and from people outside the family and said that they will soon call all of those people to Canada, where he lived and they will all work in his company.

But turns out they weren't really thankful to my grandmother and they fled the country with all the money and promised everybody to return.
We all know how that went but what they forgot was that they were breaking poor Zainab's heart.

She was heartbroken when she found out that it was all a bluff and after a year of crying she finally got married to another man but all of the tension really affected her and she had a cyst in her ovary which now, after tons of operations was gone.
"Hey sweety" said my cousin Adnan entering the room.

God, everybody was entering in here like it was some planned scene.
Anyways, Adnan was the son of my eldest uncle, uncle Shahid.
"Which one are you?" Said uncle Zahid, clearly confused between the twins.
"I'm Adnan" he said while ruffling my hair. Yeah, this was very common since I'm the baby of the family (not really) but everybody makes sure that I realize that I'm the baby and they never fail to treat me like that and when I say never I mean NEVER.

"Hey stop it!" said aunt Ayesha's eldest daughter, Zunaira, entering the room and rescuing my hair from my elder brothers.
"Thank you" I said and hugged her when Irsa shouted

"Hey no hug for me?" at once.

Yup, this is what happens when you hug one person in this family.

Then I took a round of the room, hugging each person in the process.
"Hey is there a hug and greet going on in here without me?" said Sadia entering the room.
"Yeah, wanna join?" I said
"Of course" she said and rolled her eyes. I got that from her, rolling my eyes.
"Oh come on children, let's eat" said aunt Hamna entering the room with uncle Shahid, both of them kissing my forehead.