Chapter 43

Please read the A/N at the end it's important.

But as this oil had to pass through two other countries it was vulnerable to attack
I put my hands on my ears and try to learn my geography exam. They won't stop. They just won't.

I couldn't take it any longer.

I went out of the room and stood there looking at my parents fighting. I tried to swallow the lump in my throat and shouted
"You guys aren't the only ones living in this house. Let me study. " I shouted and stormed out of the lounge into my room.
I know I was rude but I'm a teenager, I have some mood swings.
I know that this isn't a good enough reason but I can't always handle them fighting.
This has been going on for 5 years. Ever since aunt Hamna's daughter got married.
They keep fighting and don't care about me.
This doesn't seem like a big deal to people. But it is. I swear it is.
They're still fighting.
The exam could go to hell.
I took a deep breath and went outside.
"Stop it both of you and listen to me" I said and both of them looked at me. Both of their faces red with anger and I flinched.
This wasn't the first time I was going to give them a lesson but maybe it would help this time.

How stupid of me?
I say that all the time to myself.

"Look papa, don't you think mama has been through enough? And mama please just don't. You guys fight over things I wouldn't see 3 year olds fighting on. Please grow up both of you. "
With that I couldn't control the lump in my throat. My eyes filled with tears. They started to flow freely down my cheeks.
I want to hit myself with something. I want to die. I still remember the time when I was in Dubai, just me and mama and I was afraid that they would fight about something. It was so hard to hold my tears in front of my cousin (as you all know I don't have a brother so all my cousins are 10-14 years older than me and they're like my older brothers) he tried to ignore the tears building in my eyes because he could see them too.
I don't like crying I front of somebody.
I feel like I'm weak.
And he knew that.
When he knew that I couldn't hold them back anymore he pulled my in a tight hug and told me that it was going to be alright.
But it didn't.

They both looked at me
Shocked
I have been sobbing my eyes out since 5 minutes and they're trying their best to comfort me. My head already hurts so bad. How am I going to study?
I went inside my room without saying a word and tried to focus on my geography copy. I could hear them whispering outside. They were as surprised as me on my sudden outburst.
I tried my best to study and when I finished. I lied down and tried to sleep and then I remembered why this was happening.
I wasn't praying. I stopped praying. I've drifted apart from my Allah. Why? When I used to pray, all of this never happened. And that was the first time in the entire 14 years of my being that I cried myself to sleep.
--------
I woke up because of the talking outside. Oh great. Are they fighting again? I woke up and brushed my teeth and went outside, a bit embarrassed by yesterday.

I couldn't believe my eyes.

Was this for real?

This is the happiest day of my life.

My parents were laughing and working on some paper...together.
I was so happy. It felt like my life was complete. Just yesterday I thought that I wanted to die and now when I see my parents laughing I couldn't help but think how beautiful life was.
Of course it was about time for Dhuhr so I wouldn't forget to thank my Allah. He is the reason everything is alright.

"Oh honey" mama said, finally noticing me.
"Me and papa were just working on something. We're applying for a visa for America" she said and smiled

What?

I am definitely dreaming.

This can't be true.

YYYEEESSSSSSSSS

This is the best day of my life.

"Yayyyy" I said and hugged my parents and jumped around the house in excitement, singing random songs at the top of my lungs.
"What do you wanna have for breakfast?" Our servant, Lily, Linda's daughter asked me.

Uggghhh. I can't decide what I have for breakfast.
"Some omelette would be nice" I said to her and she nodded and went inside. She was an amazing woman.
Her marriage was arranged and her husband wasn't a nice man, he used to come home drunk and hit her.
They have five kids and then one day he just left, just like that.
My father looked for him for days, by then Lily was already working at our place. Then we found out that he had married another woman. Now she is raising her five kids alone, her only help being the salary she gets and the 2000 rupees that her ex- husband sends her.
I'm going to have so much fun.
Life gets better I guess. We just have to believe in it.

Okay, let's just take a moment. The story has freaking ended. What's left is just the epilogue. That's all. Wow. Please vote and comment. Okay so the important note is that I'm going to write one chapter before the epilogue, one chapter that tells everything Dania has felt, I know I've written it many times but I need to tell you guys what happened when Ahmed was sick because I feel like I haven't done justice to his character. Please read it too.