Chapter 18

"She should wake up soon" Dania heard a foreign voice say and then she heard the door close.
Her head was pounding with pain, this must be some sort of hangover
she thought but the pain wasn't just in her head, it was in her heart but that pain wasn't physical, it was emotional. And that's when she remembered it, Ahmed, his cancer, his death.
She suddenly sat upright, which didn't help with her headache. "You should lie down, you need some rest" Farhan, her brother-in-law said.
"No....n-no. I'm fine. Where is Amna? No. Wh-where is Ahmed? It must've been a dream, we should go visit him...yeah..yeah we should. Let's go" Dania said her voice still trembling.
"It wasn't a dream, he's dead and you need to accept that" he whispered, more to himself than to Dania.
"NOOOOO. No" she screamed this time. So loud that Farhan thought his ears were going to burst.
"No" she sat down crying. She was crying so loudly. It seemed like she was mentally unstable at that time. Kicking her legs on the bed, pulling her hair, like that would help bring Ahmed back.
What was she going to do? What would she tell Amna when she grows up? How would she raise her all by herself, in this country where there were zero oppurtunities? But most of all what would her mother-in-law say now that Ahmed was dead. Would she still keep her in that house? She sat down on the bed. Pulling her hair and rocking herself back and forth on the bed, murmuring things to herself. "He can't be dead, Farhan"
"But he is. We both need to accept that"
"I can't let that bring down Amna"

Hello, I know that this isn't what you guys expected but Dania doesn't quite know how to react to this situation. She doesn't know what she'll do. Please tell me your reviews and keep telling me your predictions and vote and comment. Love you all