Six

"I like that one," Jake said from behind me, his breath tickling the few strands of hair that wouldn't stay in my pony tail.

We were back at his house after spending the day being tourists in London. The rain had cleared up after lunch, to my relief. I'd managed to get heaps of photos of the architecture around London, each one prettier than the next. We'd stopped in at a little cafe to get something small to eat, where I'd managed to get an awesome photo of Jake. He was walking out of the shop with his back to me, when I'd snapped the photo. The light from the large window near the door drowned everything else out except for him. As soon as I'd taken it I could see it as a black and white photo, I knew it would be prefect.

From the café, we'd headed to the Thames' river, where I'd gotten some amazing shots of the Westminster Bridge, The Big Ben and the Palace of Westminster. Jake had parked the car on the other side of the bridge near the aquarium, before we'd gotten out and walked through Jubilee Gardens. I was ashamed to admit that for every photo I took of the actual gardens, of the tree or a bird soring above our heads, I took five of Jake. My camera loved him.

I made sure to take them sneakily, but something in me told me he knew and didn't mind at all. Most of them were of his back, as he was pointing out landmarks to me. I'd managed to get one of him with the corners of his mouth turned up in a small smile, a massive achievement. I'd poked fun at him or said something stupid, when he turned around and gave me his small smile. I'd quickly taken a photo of him and he didn't seem to mind at all.

After walking through the gardens, we went up in The London Eye where I'd taken some amazing photos of London from a bird's eye view. I'd also taken a photo of Jake looking out at the city, before he demanded to take one of me as well. I handed him my live when I gave him my camera, panic rising in my throat at the thought of it braking. The funny thing was, I was more scared of loosing the photos I'd taken today than the actual camera.

I'd posed for Jake, before he took a couple of me with the view of London in the background.

After going around a couple of times, we agreed to head back to Jake's house. I only agreed because there was so much I still wanted to do, but I definitely didn't want to cram it all into one day.

I looked back at his computer screen, we were in the studio and I was using his iMac to look at my photos.

On the screen was a photo of The Big Ben from the other side of the Westminster Bridge. It was definitely a nice photo, but it was pretty stock standard to anyone who had a camera like mine and stood in the same spot I'd stood in.

"You like that one?" I asked, resting my elbow on the glass table the two computers and soundboard was on. I rested my chin on the palm of my hand, propping my head up so I could be eye level with the computer.

"I like this one," I smiled, scrolling through the photos and double clicking on the one I'd taken of him in the café. I fiddled with the filters on the photo, glad his iMac had a photo shop program on it. I made it back and white and leaned back in the comfy office chair I was sitting in. Jake was standing behind me, his arms leaning on the back of my chair as he looked at the photos with me.

I studied the photo, falling more and more in love with it as I looked at it. Once it was black and white it made it all come alive, it was like you could see the soul of the photo.

"It's just a photo of my back," Jake said from behind me, and I could have sworn I could hear laughter in his voice. I didn't turn around to see though.

"Its more than that," I frowned, pressing my lips together and tilting my head slightly. "I just love the way the light from the window drowns everything out except for your silhouette. Its almost like you're opening the door to your freedom or something, that glow of the light so angelic."