Twenty-Eight

I stepped out of my shower the next morning, still feeling giddy over the fact that Jake had carried me upstairs. It was such a strange thing to find attractive, but it showed her cared so it definitely intensified my feelings for him. Much to my disappointment.

A loud thumb downstairs stopped me dead in my tracks as I was wrapping a towel around my body. I had horrible flash backs of the day before, when I'd hit Jake in the face with a lamp. There was another thump and I took it upon myself to find out what the hell was going on.

Without thinking, I left the bathroom and headed straight downstairs. The thumping was coming from the studio. I pushed the door open forcefully, letting it hit the doorstop on the wall with a loud bang. Four sets of eyes turned towards me, each one widening at the sight of me.

"What the hell are you guys doing?" I demanded, looking between Jake, Caleb, Dean and Tom. They were all standing around the large desk that held the computer and mixing board.

I waited for a response, instead they all stared at me with these stupid looks on their faces. A small smile crept across Caleb's face, a smile that was adorable and completely sleazy at the same time. It was as if he was picturing me naked.

I sucked in a breath between my teeth, looking down and realising that I was standing in nothing but a very small towel.

"Shit," I breathed. I looked up at Jake and finding a slight smile on his face, his eyebrows raised at my choice of clothing.

I turned on my heel and left the room, not needing any of the boys picturing me naked. I wouldn't have minded Jake, I just didn't like the look on Caleb's face when he was staring at me.

"Take it off!" Caleb's voice called up to me as I took the stairs two at a time.

"Hey," Jake warned him.

I made it to my room before I heard any more of the conversation, I shut the door and leaned against it. I wasn't all that embarrassed, I just didn't think it was professional for my bosses to see me in nothing but a towel and fresh out of the shower.

I changed into a pair of my high waisted blue jeans and a light pink crop top, after noting that it looked warm outside. I let my hair out of its ponytail, letting it fall down my back as I looked back at myself in the bathroom mirror. I watched myself take a deep breath before I headed downstairs and into the studio.

"You shouldn't have put clothes on," Caleb shook his head, noticing me standing in the doorway to the studio. The other three guys turned around at his words, all of them looking me up and down.

"We are showing Tom the new music we've been writing, just to answer your question before," Dean said, a smile playing on his lips.

"Right," I said, remembering why I'd come downstairs in the first place. I looked between the four of them, all of them staring at me and waiting for me to say something. Typical boys.

"I'll leave you to it then," I smiled, turning and heading towards the kitchen for breakfast.

I was halfway through making my vegemite toast when Jake entered the kitchen. The first thing I noticed was how he had changed out of his clothes and was now wearing a pair of black work out shorts and a dark grey lycra tank top. His top stuck to him like a second skin, outlining every muscle and curve of his skin. It shouldn't have affected me as much as it did, but I ended up staring and Jake noticed. I turned back to my vegemite toast as soon as we had made eye contact, kicking myself for staring too long.

"Tom and I are just going for a run," Jake explained to my back, a lightness in his voice that told me that he was enjoying the way he was affecting me. "Is it okay if he moves in here for a bit?"