Three

I was startled awake in the morning, the sound of something hitting my hardwood floors with a thump making me jump up from the couch. I couldn't remember when I'd fallen asleep, but the TV was now off which I hadn't done.

"Shit," a voice muttered behind me. I looked over the armrest of the couch to find Jake in my kitchen, wearing his jeans only. Even from here I could see his perfectly sculpted stomach and chest. He was literally perfection, no wonder everyone wanted a piece of him.

I felt the butterflies in my stomach, the aching between my thighs. My eyes widened and I looked away from him. I hadn't had sex in a year, so having a half naked guy in my kitchen definitely excited me in many ways. But this was Jake, he was way out of my league and I didn't need to get mixed up in his lifestyle. Plus, he would never go for me, not when he had Hanley. I could never compete with that girl.

"Where's your toaster?" Jake asked, obviously noticing that I was now sitting up and trying my hardest not to look at him.

"Second cupboard from the oven," I replied, getting up from the couch with my back to him. I needed to escape, to have a cold shower and stop the feeling that was happening in my lower stomach. The only problem was that I had to face him in order to make it to the bathroom, stupid layout of my apartment.

"Want some toast?" he asked when I turned around. His eyes meeting mine, before his eyes slipped down to what I was wearing. I looked down, remembering that I'd changed into an oversized top around midnight before continuing my black and white movie. My long legs were completely bare, my underwear nearly on show. I also remembered I wasn't wearing a bra, so my nipples were most definitely on show.

"I'm having a shower," I announced, before I died of embarrassment. But not before I could die of horniness.

I was allowed to feel this way, I told myself as I shut the door to my bathroom and locked it. It wasn't the first time someone had wanted to have sex with Jake, something in me told me it probably happened often. I was a grown woman, so it was natural to crave these things.

I just didn't think it was a great idea to be craving them from Jake.

After my long shower I felt better, more relaxed but still completely embarrassed. Even if Jake couldn't see my thoughts, I was embarrassed that I'd wanted to jump his bones then and there in my kitchen. For a second I'd been like every other teenage girl in the world, which I hated. Jake would be gone tomorrow, and then I could go back to neglecting my sexual urges.

I left the bathroom in just a towel, glad to see that Jake was nowhere to be seen, before going into my room and closing the door.

I got changed into a summer dress, glad the weather was still hot outside. I ran a brush through my wet hair and gave up on it; it could dry on its own. I left my room, finding Jake on my couch and fully clothed.

He looked over to me and I smiled, before heading into my kitchen to get a drink.

"I need to go somewhere at midday, pick up my ticket to Europe," Jake said, I didn't know if he was letting me know or just talking because he wanted to.

"I was thinking about going down to the docklands, I'm itching to use my camera," and it was the truth. I hadn't touched it in three days; I was beginning to hate myself for neglecting it. "What time is your flight tomorrow?"

"Late morning," he sighed, turning the TV off and standing up.

I began to wonder if Jake having a break had really been what he needed. I wasn't a professional, I didn't even know Jake, so I had no idea what he needed. I just knew what I would have wanted in his situation.