Captain's Secret

"Just one more twist."

Clint watched nervously as Tony worked the lock to Steve's floor door. Each floor at Stark Tower had a lobby once stepping out of the elevator. Clint and Tony decided to snoop around Steve's floor while he was sleeping. Their captain was very secretive, so they decided to uncover some of those secrets.

click

The lock picked and Tony silently turned the doorknob. They were in.

"See anything that stands out?" Clint whispered.

"He likes art, I see." Tony replied, noticing the walls lined with some paintings. A television was mounted on the wall.

"At least he lives in the 21st century." Tony whispered.

"He's got a few DVD's." Clint said. Tony went over to see.

"Saving Private Ryan, Die Hard, Blade Runner.Thought he'd have Gone with the Wind or Casablanca at the top of his collection."

"They're here." Clint replied. "The Wizard of Oz, It's a Wonderful Life, From Here to Eternity. The Godfather. Man of Steel. He's a boy at heart."

"Let's see what else is here." Tony said, leaving the living room and moving into the spacious kitchen. Clint opened the fridge.

"Leftover lasagna. Don't mind if I do." he said, before being stopped by Tony.

"He knows how much there is."

"Fine. What else? Milk, lettuce, ham, tuna."

"He refrigerates his bread?" Tony asked, peering in.

"It's something some do. Keeps it fresh."

Tony shrugged and Clint closed the fridge.

They proceeded into the hall and found he had no door to his bedroom. Using his SHIELD training, Clint slinked over to the opening and peeked in. After a few seconds, he slinked back with a confused look on his face.

"What is it, Barton?"

"Steve's in his bed, but the bathroom door is shut and the light is on."

Tony too looked confused and snuck over to see for himself. Sure enough, he saw the supersoldier sleeping. Suddenly the bathroom door opened and Tony hid a little more back. Out of the bathroom, he saw...Natasha sleepily turned off the bathroom light. She was wearing a shirt too sizes too big for her, so it obviously belonged to Steve. She walked back over to the bed and got back in, tucking her petit frame into Steve's hold.

Tony hustled back over to Clint and hurried them out of the suite and into the lobby.

"Who was it?" Clint asked as Tony pressed the elevator button.

"It was Romanoff."

Clint's eyes went wide. "Natasha is in Cap's room? SLEEPING with him?!"

"Yup." Tony replied, the elevator opened.

Clint grinned. "Good on Steve. Finally putting himself out there." He and Tony stepped in.

"I feel we got enough info about Cap now. Wanna come back tomorrow?"

"Yup. Wanna get more dirt on his thing with Natasha."

The elevator doors closed.

***

Snooping by Muldoon22