My Date

5 years passed since I left California and 5 years passed when Bruce left me.. - Natasha

****
I received a wedding invitation from my sister Pepper.. I'm gonna be her bride's maid and the best man is Bruce..

OMG I cannot go there still single. They will all think that I'm miserable.I talk to my friend Darcy about the event, I told her that I dont want to attend.. Because honestly I'm not yet moved on.. But my father is insisting..

N: Dars, what will I do?
D: I read from a magazine, this guy who escort some girls to events. you may rent him..
N: Isn't that a weird job?
D: Okay. Just go there without a date so your EX-boyfriend will think that you didn't forget him until now.
N: Okay I will call the escort guy!

** 2 Days before the wedding**

Answering machine: Hi Nat, this is Steve Rogers. Sorry I cannot go to your apartment. I send someone there to get my plane ticket. I'll see you in a bit and don't worry.. your ex boyfriend will regret letting you go and your family will see how in love you are. Bye.
Nat: God! This is it. Am I really ready to face my past and to pretend with this guy?

*knock*

Messenger: I'm here to get his ticket..
Nat: Oh wait..... Here.. (not letting go) please do help me to do this.. I don't think I can do this..

Messenger hold Natasha's hand to get the ticket and ran to deliver it to her date.
Natasha closed the door to packed her things and get ready. Before she started, she opened an old box with pictures of her and Bruce. She looked at it for a couple of minutes and sigh..
Then he quickly get ready and left her apartment.

** Airplane**
N: Hi, can I have a wine?
Flight attendant: You okay ma'am? First time flying?
N: Oh. I always fly.. My sister's getting married and the best man is my ex. In case I chicken out, I want to know where all the exits are and any second now my date is going to sit down in 3B and I need him to look really, really good today.
FA: Helloooo 3B.

Natasha turn around and saw a handsome masculine blonde guy.. The guy smiled to Natasha as she approach him.

Steve: Hi Natasha, (and he kissed me my cheek)
N: Hi.
S: I'm sorry I'm late and don't worry everything will be going better there.
N: U-uhm. Work maybe really exhausting..
(Steve just smiled at me weirdly and I sit on my chair low so he will not see me, we got the first class flight. WTF Nat, really is that your question? You know the kind of job he have!!) Oh, and I should warn you. You know those families where everyone's out of their minds, but at the end of the day they're you family, so you love them? Mine's not like that. I love my dad, but since he's my stepdad, he's technically not family. He's more like a hostage.

I slept on our flight and when we landed to Cali I told Steve that I will change my outfit. (I'm wearing a blue silky dress.) because I match the color of his tie. Others might think that were very trying hard..

S: Let me teach you a trick: if you look people in the eye, they won't notice what you're wearing.
N: Okay.. but that will not work now.

Steve waited for me 30minutes until I decided what to wear. I showed him all my dresses when I got but he always good I look good to it..

After 30 minutes more. we arrived on our destination. Just a party before the wedding..

Before we enter. I drag Steve to talk to him first.
N: Here's your first payment.
S: Okay..N: Count it.
S: No it's okay, I trust you..
N: No. Count it.
S: Sigh. Okay.