It's Always Been You

Clint had a very good time watching two of the most straightforward people in this entire world tiptoeing around each other and being oblivious this entire time.

Since everything went down straight to hell in DC. Clint gotta say that he lost his home (To be honest, half of his stuff was still in his office in the Triskellion, including his new set of bow and arrow.) But lucky for him he still had the Avengers and Stark called each of them up.

"Bird brain we need you back in New York." Stark said over the phone, "I know SHIELD is gone and you kinda homeless right now."

"I'm not homeless. I have apartment in New York too."

"Yeah, your tiny little mouse hole doesn't count so I want you to live in the brand new Avengers Tower with the rest of us."

"'Us'?"

"Fine, it's just me, Pepper, Rhodey, Hill and Bruce!"

"What about the others?"

"Hill told me that Thor is in London with Jane. Steve is in DC while your girlfriend is nowhere to be found."

"Who's my girlfriend?"

"Natasha"

'She's not my girlfriend. She's my partner. We're friends, Stark. Nothing more than that."

"Right..." Clint could hear Stark smirked from all the way back to New York if that possible, "Well, my helicopter will pick you up"

That was how Clint moved to New York and lived with Tony Stark. The billionaire did a very good job in tracking everyone down except for Natasha who was disappear without any trace. Tony managed to get Thor in move in with them and offered him to bring all of his friends along too.

"Why not? I have plenty of rooms left." That was all his answer, "The more the merrier."

To Clint's opinion, the correct statement was the more the chaos will occur. But he had to be honest again, to have Jane and Darcy moving in was kinda fun. Clint enjoyed his time bantering with Jane's intern and pulled a lot of prank. Jane's presence made the atmosphere around the tower soften with female touch because Pepper and Hill weren't enough to keep the testosterone level down. Dr. Selvig also spent a lot of his time in labs with Tony's cool science toy with a close supervision from Jane.

Steve moved in a week after with his friend Sam. The Captain was a bit quieter than the last time they met. He often trapped in his own thought and didn't focus much about everything around him. It was something was bothering him all the time. On the other hand, Sam was quickly blended in with the rest of the team. Tony and Bruce insisted that he will make a coolest wing pack for Sam. Thor always excited to meet new people and if that person was Captain America's friend, he was more than welcome. For Clint, they quickly bonded and became Bird Bro as Darcy called them. They always exchanged bird pun and laughed while the others just rolled their eyes and groaned.

Clint suspected something about the Captain but it became too obvious for the archer for the first time when Steve frankly asked Tony and him about Natasha.

"Tell me you know where Natasha is" Steve said, "She's the only one who isn't here."

"Chill, capsicle." Tony waved him off "She cannot hide forever."

"Well, technically, if she doesn't want to be found, you will never ever find her."

"I have the

"You have what?"

"It's not the time for you patriotism and freedom, old man. I have to do in order to track her."

And that shut Steve up immediately. Clint noticed it. He never missed a thing. The Captain really wanted Natasha back.