Funeral (#2) - Twenty Eight.

Aubrey's POV
I dressed in my funeral dress. Today's the day I say my official goodbye. I put my heels on and walk out to see Taylor dressed in his tux. I go up and hug him. I'm thankful for him being here.

"It's going to be okay. You've got all your friends and all your family here." I nod and my grandparents come down crying. My mom was their youngest daughter. She was so young.

-
We get to the place and I see everyone. My cousins, aunties, uncles, the girls and their boyfriends. Taylor wraps is arm around my shoulder as we walk up to everyone. I see one of my cousins. Lydia. She's not the kind of girl I like. Parties, man stealer, drinking. She will take any man possible. She walks up to me.

"I'm sorry about your mom. I really loved her I hope you know that." She hugged me. She actually hugged me. She pulled back and gave me a small smile and then left.

"That was weird. She never does that kind of stuff." I look up at Taylor who's a little nervous. I grip his hand.

"Let's just get this over and done with okay." I nod and we walk in. We got seated and my grandparents sat next to me.

"Sweetie we have something to tell you." I nod.

"Your father did this." I'm in shock.

"What?"

"Your mother came into the hospital with multiple stab wounds across her stomach. There was also strangling marks on her neck which belonged to your father. We're so sorry." My grandpa rubs my back as the ceremony starts. I'm not upset at my father I'm angry. When I see him shits gonna get real.

"Belles daughter will now say a few words." I walk up to the stage. I look at my mom, so lifeless and peaceful in the coffin.

"My mom wasn't like any other mom. She was strong, brave and courageous. She would fight for me and others. She would me through everything. I love her so much and I will never stop loving her." I continue my story with a few memories of her and me starting to cry through the middle of it. Taylor stands up beside me and I continue.

A few more people say a few words. The girls give a little speech as well. which makes me cry. I'm thankful for their friendship.

We go outside to lower the coffin down. I watch as my mother slowly goes down and as the people shovel the dirt on top of it. They put the headstone on and I add a bunch of flowers over it.

"Mom. I love you. I won't ever forget you. I'm sorry I couldn't be there. Maybe I could've stopped him from this. I love you." I whisper. I kiss the headstone and stand back. Everyone slowly leaves and then it's just me. I stand looking at the dirt patch in front of me.

"Aubrey." I hear a voice. I start to get furious.

"WHY ARE YOU HERE! YOUR THE ONE WHO DID THIS AND YOU THINK YOU CAN JUST SHOW UP!?" I shout at him.

"I'm sorry Bree this never meant to happen. I was-"

"Drunk, high? IVE HEARD IT ALL BEFORE! You mean nothing to me so just leave so I don't ever have to see you again." He stands there. "DID YOU NOT HERE ME!? LEAVE!"

"DONT TELL ME WHAT TO DO YOU LITTLE BITCH!" He slaps my cheek hard.

"I can do whatever I want. It's a free country!" I punch him in the face which really hurts my hand. His nose begins to bleed and he runs off.

"I'll be back for you Bree! You better watch out." I roll my eyes and walk to where everyone was having lunch. Taylor shows up.

"Where were you?" He says.

"With mom." I turn and look at him. His hairs ruffled and the top of his shirt is unbuttoned.

"Are you okay?" I examine his face. Lip Gloss. I shake my head and walk away. "Babe what's wrong?"

"Don't babe me. There's no babe anymore. We're done."

"What are you talking about?"

"Only one person wore lip gloss today. LYDIA! You're a cheater and I wish I never laid eyes on you!" I run out the doors and climb up onto the roof. This is just the best day isn't it?