Chapter 17

"Oh come on, can we please let that go already? If you want the truth I trapped you in the elevator to get away from you and that's it. Yeah I felt bad about it but what else was I supposed to do? You don't take no for an answer. I'm here because I need help and you're the only one that can help me. Now please just do this for me." I placed my hand on Marks shoulder, hoping that if I touched him in some way it would help win him over. Early this morning I had successfully snuck out of the house to talk to Mark in his lab at the HQ in private. There was no way I could have done this with Dean awake, he simply wouldn't allow it and that was not a fight I was looking to fight. Mark stared blankly before letting out a smile and stopped doing what he had been before. "Okay, I'll help you but you have to do something for me in return." The smile on his face gave me an un easy feeling. Look at that face. He's looking at you like a pervert! I mean who looks at people like that?! Perverts that's who now kick him where there should be a dick, take what you want and run. Just run before he does something to you that is going to piss Dean off! Kick him! "What is it that you want?" I finally managed to get out taking a few steps back to put more distance in between us. "Oh relax Cande, I love you but I would never hurt you, you don't have to back away from me. No what I want is I want to go on your mission with your crew. You guys head out tomorrow and Chris is still in the process of assigning a lead doctor. You know I'm the best one and you do want the best for your crew don't you? For Mikaela, for pretty boy Dean. You wouldn't want anything to happen to them and receive mediocre care, maybe not have them heal the right way. Talk to Chris, give me a good word and I'll do what you want me to." He turned his back and went back to what ever he had been doing before. I guess if I wanted to get what I needed I had to make a deal with the devil.Dean was not going to be happy about this at all, but what other choice did I have?

As I walked by the tank Ava swam by and waved with her tail. God I loved that baby, as if she were my own. I guess that's what happens when your very best friend has a child. I smiled and blew a kiss at her. She copied the blowing kiss motion before swimming off after the holograms. Taking in a deep breath I knocked on Chris' door. "Come in Cande." He called from behind the closed door. As I entered he sat at his desk going over paper work which I could only imagine was for the mission. "So what brings my best captain to my office. Tell me what's on your mind?" "Well I was just thinking Chris about the mission and all, and I started thinking about how dangerous it can be if it is not done right. You know I consider my crew as extended members of my family and I only want the best for them. That's why I'm here to request that Mark be my main doctor. I know what you're thinking, I know you know how I feel about him. But he is the best doctor her and he's brilliant. Not to mention he's a warlock so if worst comes to worst Mark can be the difference between life and death. I've had to deal with far too much loss Chris, and honestly I don't know what I would do if anything happened to one of my crew members. So that's what I've come here to ask of you. I know it's a lot considering you've probably already assigned a doctor. I wouldn't be asking this of you if it wasn't important to me. So please Chris, may Mark be my head doctor?" Chris sat at his desk, hands clasped together and let out a deep sigh. "All of your points are valid, so the answer to your request is yes. Mark can be your doctor but if he gets out of hand I don't want you to start pulling your shenanigans and locking him somewhere.I need you to act like a mature adult like I know you are." Come on that's not so hard. If Mark gets out of hand just well show him his hand. That would probably calm him down. It's a win win situation and technically you can't get in trouble for it. You could use the reason of locking him in somewhere was to give him privacy of having a sexual release. His hand is his Dean, but a hand and well you. I stretched my hand across the desk, "Agreed" "Oh and Cande I know about you and Dean, keep the mission professional."Chris smiled and started looking at his paper work once again. I took that as my Que to leave.