Chapter 40

I laid in bed wide awake as the first beams of the suns rays poked through the curtains. I had not slept all night, not because I couldn't but because of other reasons. Today was the day that I talked with Chris about what had happened with Koda. Not only that but today officially marked the first day of my month long break. I could really use one with everything I had gone through. Getting attacked and almost losing my leg because of a mermaid. Almost getting attacked by a pack of werewolves in Alaska. Losing my arm because of a mad man and his group of highly trained pods in Tokyo. And then every thing that happened in Moscow. Seeing how the mission started I should have stopped before this all happened. Because we all know if it starts out bad, it is just going to go down hill from there. I never realized how much I got hurt, I should be wrapped in bubble wrap or something. Not to mention all of the little struggles on the side, Not being with Dean. Rachel and Taylor sneaking on to the black falcon and Adrian. Oh Adrian. At the thought of him I got a fluttering feeling in my stomach, quickly though I shook my head to make it stop. No I couldn't think about Adrian being anything else other than Adrian. I was with Dean, I was happy with Dean and that's how things were going to stay.

Hesitantly I pulled myself out of bed trying not to wake the person that the messy blond hair belonged to. All that was visible of him was his hair, poking out above the blankets. As hard as I tried Dean woke up and scooted to me just as I was about to get out of bed. "Nope." He said in a groggy voice as he pulled me back down and right against his chest. "It's your our day off what are you doing awake so early." Clearly Dean was very against the rays of the sun, his eyes were squinted closed so that I couldn't tell if they were in fact closed or barely open. "I have to head over to HQ and talk with Chris you know this my love. Also I have to start packing for our vacation, you know the month long one. I think vacations are supposed to be fun and worry free. Or at least that's what I've heard. So that's how ours is hopefully going to be." I sat up somehow being able to get out from his grip. "MMM fun. Tell me what is this fun and worry free thing you speak of. Because I don't know but  I want to experience it too." He sat up as well smiling now with his glowing blue eyes fully opened. The sheet he had been covered with fell and exposed his chest. Look at him! His chest is exposed! I know you had a very busy night with him last night but I mean. How could you not just want to have your way with him right now?! I know I do, You deserve it. You're a hero and what better way to celebrate then with this gorgeous guy. We have plenty of time to pack! Just do this for me and do Dean! You know you want to! I can hear your thoughts!  I just smiled at him, kissed his cheek and got up from the bed. "Who said you were coming with us Dean?" The smile betrayed me and would not stay hidden instead it was full blown. "Oh well you know Cande since we're mates and all we're pretty much a package deal. So where ever you go, I go. And since you're going somewhere I'm not sure where yet I'm going as well. You're a very, very lucky girl. I 'll be up in about ten minutes to get ready and head over to HQ with you." He smiled and winked before throwing himself back into the pillows. 

I wasn't the only one awake, the girls were as well. There in the hallway stood Taylor and Rachel with their ears plastered against Mikaela's door smiling and giggling. "What are you two doing?" I asked trying not to smile. "They're talking about something it sounds interesting." Taylor replied jumping away from the door. "But we can't make out what they're talking about." Rachel added. "You girls should be getting packed not secretly harassing Mikaela. We're going to be gone for a month." "Are we going to spend the whole time over at Neverlus?" No! Tell her no! Tell her no! Why would we? I mean it's obvious that no one there really wants us over  there. So why waste our free month with an airship there. I told you we should go to the white sand and turquoise waters. Then to the snow. It would be a whole hell of a lot better than being stuck with your family for a month. they're your family, not mine. Just tell her we've had a change of plans, i'm sure both of the girls would understand. And just think of how handsome Dean would look on the beach. Oh yes ;)   "I don't know yet Rach, We'll figure it out when we get to the HQ" Surprisingly enough she nor did Taylor look disappointed that we may not even see our families on Neverlus. I had been expecting them to have some sort of high school drama queen break down. But ther was nothing, nothing at all.